• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I've been watching weight lifting on replay. What happened on the 400m?

Norwegian dude knocked like 3/4 of a second off the world record. Three of the four fastest times in history in the race.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Norwegian dude knocked like 3/4 of a second off the world record. Three of the four fastest times in history in the race.
Karsten is a beast in the 400m hurdles. I'm surprised he never tried to run the normal 400m.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Karsten is a beast in the 400m hurdles. I'm surprised he never tried to run the normal 400m.

I was wondering what he could do in a flat race. Seems like he should be able to run pretty fast…

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what he could do in a flat race. Seems like he should be able to run pretty fast…
Wade van Niekerk ran a 43.03 in the 2016 Olympics and hasn't been anywhere close to that since.

Karsten could probably get close to 43 flat if he was pushed and conditions were perfect.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.2 miles this morning on the greenway. I can start from close to the nature center of the park I run at and hit the greenway where I used to run. Feels really weird starting from near my turn around point.

Best part was the weather in the 60s. Once I felt that after waking up, I rushed to get the kids ready then headed out.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I climbed at the gym for 30 minutes while out running errands. I worked a few harder problems, but most notably flashed V5 for the first time in a few months.

I saw the mom (Robyn Erbesfield-Raboutou is a legend in her own right) of one the US climbing Olympians. I look forward to watching Brooke compete (women’s climbing starts early tomorrow morning MDT).

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sydney McLaughlin just won the W400m hurdles and broker her own WR by around .4 seconds. She's only 21 too so next Olympics in 3 years she could go even faster.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
13.1 miles this morning at an overall pace of 8:49/mile. I warmed up with a mile then did 3 miles around 8:30/mile, walked/ran a mile, did the next 3 miles around 8:00/mile, walked/ran another mile then 3 more at 7:30/mile and ran the remaining mile+ back home at a nice easy pace. I managed to keep my average HR to 126 and peaked around 152.

I climbed at the gym for 30 minutes while out running errands. I worked a few harder problems, but most notably flashed V5 for the first time in a few months.

I saw the mom (Robyn Erbesfield-Raboutou is a legend in her own right) of one the US climbing Olympians. I look forward to watching Brooke compete (women’s climbing starts early tomorrow morning MDT).

My oldest daughter is into climbing so we were watching the full replay of the men's qualifying last night and I've got to say that along with sprinting, the sport climbing may be one of the more perfect Olympic events in terms of watching on TV. Admittedly, we didn't watch any of the lead climbing but the bouldering and especially the speed climbing are perfect on TV: little rest between heats, very quick action, and so easy to understand what's going on.

I've got the women's qualifying round on in the background in my den right now but this is the feed from the USA network from just a bit ago. The action is still very entertaining but the USA network didn't show all of the athletes in the speed climbing and is sort of cutting around on the bouldering. I'll have to check out the full replay later to see them all.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11.1mi, 7:36/mi, 143bpm

Track workout today. I need to figure out a better method of carrying my spikes and water bottle to the track. It’s about 2.25mi from my house and I like the idea of that being my WU & CD. I’ve been using a lightweight drawstring bag and it’s pretty annoying having that thing flop all around and impede my arm swing. First world problems.

8x800 w/ ~2:30 jog followed by 2x200 just to get the legs snapping.

800's: 3:00, 2:57, 2:57, 2:56, 2:55, 2:55, 2:54, 2:50
200's: 31, 31

Not a particularly difficult workout. Didn’t have to squeeze any reps. More focused on trying to keep things even and just under 6:00/mi pace.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
11.1mi, 7:36/mi, 143bpm

Track workout today. I need to figure out a better method of carrying my spikes and water bottle to the track. It’s about 2.25mi from my house and I like the idea of that being my WU & CD. I’ve been using a lightweight drawstring bag and it’s pretty annoying having that thing flop all around and impede my arm swing. First world problems.

8x800 w/ ~2:30 jog followed by 2x200 just to get the legs snapping.

800's: 3:00, 2:57, 2:57, 2:56, 2:55, 2:55, 2:54, 2:50
200's: 31, 31

Not a particularly difficult workout. Didn’t have to squeeze any reps. More focused on trying to keep things even and just under 6:00/mi pace.

Maybe it's time to get reacquainted with your old friend ALICE?

1628096788067.png

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the watch bezel/face of my Garmin 45 popped off. I popped it back on and resealed it but don't know how long it may last. Seems like the lifespan of my electronics is right around 2 years for anything that I run with.

What are other people using these days? Coros is newer and seems to be a great deal at $199 for the PACE 2. Garmin has the newer Garmin 55 but the Coros seems to have better battery life which would be nice. The Fenix series would be fun but hard to convince my wife I need to spend $599 on a watch...

I recently replaced my 45 with a Fenix 6 pro, and it was definitely worth it for me. The increased battery life is really welcome, but it also has a lot more customization available to fine tune it to your needs. The biggest reason I got this one though, was the fact that it also has the golf gps included, which is wonderful.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20.6 miles on the cyclocross bike, mostly on gravel. I got my first flat in ages (a front flat, thanks to a goathead thorn) at around 10.5 miles, otherwise I would’ve ridden another five miles.

9AD0E8B3-2653-4245-90CF-0DDF291DB6CF.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads