• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
17 “miles”

1627837159523.jpeg

1627837183823.jpeg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your power for 5s has increased quite a bit SB! I assume other metrics have followed?

11.7 trail miles today with about 2,200ft of gain. Like Dusty, temps dropped after rain overnight so I enjoyed the 70s and felt cooler most of the run. The last miles were enjoyable and I could have continued longer. Also capped off a 50 mile week but this next week will be lower with family in town. I guess morning miles may become my thing if I want any at all.

Queens_Own

Reaction score
I officially finished month 1 of marathon training and experiencing some hip pain in the beginning of runs and usually wont go away till a mile in. I have been stretching and resting properly but is there anything else i can try to minimize the pain? I dont want this to linger and get worse

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I’m going to drop the run training. It’s just not fun anymore, but cycling is. I’ll put a proper tire on the rear of my road bike (it has a trainer tire still) and get going on that.

Today I went fishing (3/4 mile of scrambling through talus and boulders), hiked about three miles total, and did some bouldering and climbing (I soloed the easiest route in the guidebook). The wild raspberries and wax currants (not pictured) were extra tasty today. I caught six trout (four browns and two rainbows).

6D4F1184-ED49-4C90-BD6B-F0B7EC7AECCF.jpeg
E0220D29-3947-479A-B291-0ACD2732D877.jpeg
8ABDE3DC-7BE0-417C-8E63-1FCDB48C875E.jpeg

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Your power for 5s has increased quite a bit SB! I assume other metrics have followed?

11.7 trail miles today with about 2,200ft of gain. Like Dusty, temps dropped after rain overnight so I enjoyed the 70s and felt cooler most of the run. The last miles were enjoyable and I could have continued longer. Also capped off a 50 mile week but this next week will be lower with family in town. I guess morning miles may become my thing if I want any at all.
I think my initial 5s power wasn’t representative because it was my first time doing the test. The current number is probably a bit high given my lack of focused training in the past few months. But i imagine it’s still in the ballpark.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I officially finished month 1 of marathon training and experiencing some hip pain in the beginning of runs and usually wont go away till a mile in. I have been stretching and resting properly but is there anything else i can try to minimize the pain? I dont want this to linger and get worse

Sometimes it just takes the body some time to warm up and given this is marathon training, you will hurt from time to time. Unless it is a sharp pain, you should be fine I’d assume.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the watch bezel/face of my Garmin 45 popped off. I popped it back on and resealed it but don't know how long it may last. Seems like the lifespan of my electronics is right around 2 years for anything that I run with.

What are other people using these days? Coros is newer and seems to be a great deal at $199 for the PACE 2. Garmin has the newer Garmin 55 but the Coros seems to have better battery life which would be nice. The Fenix series would be fun but hard to convince my wife I need to spend $599 on a watch...

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my Fenix 6x. It's on the pricier side, but I think it has been worth it in the 15 months I've had it.

A local running friend wanted a Fenix but scoffed at the price and got a Coros about 6 months ago. I don't recall exactly which one (I think it was the Apex or the Apex Pro) but he had all sorts of problems with the interface and syncing with the app and whatnot. He ended up returning it to REI after about a month and getting a Garmin instead.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
41.1 miles at 18.1 MPH on my road bike. I rode bits and pieces of the Ironman 70.3 course, with a side trip to Lyons as well. The weather was pretty nice, with temps around 80, but the air is rather smoky.

Here’s the pic from Lyons:

AAD1BB65-0818-45C6-B51F-4765F223DFDD.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lyons? More like bears, amirite?

I was miffed that the coffee shop across the street from those statues was closed. I had to stop for coffee in Hygiene…

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was miffed that the coffee shop across the street from those statues was closed. I had to stop for coffee in Hygiene…

At least you know it was a clean place.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else just catch the 400 meter hurdles final? Holy crap…

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads