• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.71mi, 8:06/mi, 136bpm

Muggy and disgusting as hell out this morning. Had to start running at 5am due to early work obligations. As I was wiping the sweat out of my eye around mile 4 I managed to push my contact back into my eye where it remained all bunched up until I got home. Slightly painful, but mostly disorienting as I’m literally blind without contacts/glasses since it was pitch black out. I have a lasik consultation tomorrow.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Even fitty. Planned to ride up to Pantoll on Panoramic, but got a wild hair and hung a right after Mountain Home Inn and hit the dirt. Foolishly tried to go up Hog Back, but bailed for an illicit shortcut on Hoo-Koo-E-Koo to Old Railroad Grade. Did I mention I was on the Tarmac? Got up to West Point and descended Old Stage Road to get back down to Pantoll. Matched my PR on the descent from Pantoll to Gravity Car.

1627701984907.png
6EE2A8A3-40C4-4ED4-9B5A-2EEC520C6C05.jpeg
40724A17-A352-4EE6-B3B5-3B99191A4081.jpeg
1B249B16-DDC1-431D-9F9B-E997810FB255.jpeg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I'm pretty sure I saw Amity Rockwell in Golden Gate Park toward the end of my ride. I also pulled up to the light at Sanchez and Market, looked over at the car next to me and saw a guy in the front passenger seat about to smoke meth or crack, and the guy in the back doubled over, unconscious. That was a first for me.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran 4 flat trail miles this morning before it got too hot (it was up to 80 when I finished). Later, I took my son fishing/hiking to a favorite place. He loved eating wild wax currants, but was probably happier with the ice cream after…

6B1D0E43-E15F-4164-BE43-F39188E3FCBF.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10k this morning. It was a relatively small turnout with only about 30 in the 10k and 50 in the 5k so thanks to the small crowd, I was the 3rd guy to cross the finish line (2nd in my age group) and 4th overall.

My official time was 44:11 but Garmin and Strava gave me 43:42 for the 10k and showed the total distance being nearly 6.3 miles (I would have guessed even closer to 6.4 when I was actually running it). 43:42 was 21 seconds off my PR and this was a tough course with most of the 450’ of climbing clustered altogether closer to the start. Considering I had a sore calf (I tried to rest yesterday but think I strained something doing some yard work prepping for my daughter’s birthday party) I’m pretty happy with the time.

I was a minute behind the 3rd place finisher and we were running neck and neck for most of the race, along with another guy, but she turned on the afterburners with about 1.5 miles to go and left us in the dust.

The first place finisher had a time of 33:40 and was out of everybody’s view after the first couple of turns. Googling his name, it looks like he was one of the top high school runners in the state the past couple years.

The weather was perfect out there this morning too: near 60° to start, gentle breeze, some clouds, and no humidity. I wish every morning could feel like today did!

4ED746FD-CA09-49D0-832A-02022400CDB0.jpeg
2A1120BF-56D2-409D-AFD9-F3E78317A4E3.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I'm pretty sure I saw Amity Rockwell in Golden Gate Park toward the end of my ride. I also pulled up to the light at Sanchez and Market, looked over at the car next to me and saw a guy in the front passenger seat about to smoke meth or crack, and the guy in the back doubled over, unconscious. That was a first for me.

I remember the first (and only) time I saw somebody smoking either crack or meth: I was at Bonnaroo in ‘06 or ‘07 andstanding in the big field waiting for Radiohead to take the main stage. There was a group of 3 really attractive girls behind me and I turned around to check them out again just before the band started and I see them lighting up their foil and pipe and passing it around. They definitely weren’t smoking pot.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember the first (and only) time I saw somebody smoking either crack or meth: I was at Bonnaroo in ‘06 or ‘07 andstanding in the big field waiting for Radiohead to take the main stage. There was a group of 3 really attractive girls behind me and I turned around to check them out again just before the band started and I see them lighting up their foil and pipe and passing it around. They definitely weren’t smoking pot.
So did you smoke crack with them?

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably something dipped in PCP, if not something stupid like Salvia or the like. Gives off that embalming fluid / harsh chemical smell. You normally smoke crack rock or meth out of a chillum-like glass tube with some Brillo at the end to keep it in place.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Probably something dipped in PCP, if not something stupid like Salvia or the like. Gives off that embalming fluid / harsh chemical smell. You normally smoke crack rock or meth out of a chillum-like glass tube with some Brillo at the end to keep it in place.
I had caught a powerful whiff of dope smoke as I rolled up, so at first I assumed it was a bong. Turns out the dope smell was from a *different* car. This guy had the glass tube in his mouth, foil with undetermined substance in his left hand, and lighter in his right hand.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started to go for a run but just wasn’t feeling it, so I turned around after 200 yards or so and went into cycling mode. 32.3 miles of mixed terrain riding on my cyclocross bike (roughly half soggy gravel and half paved roads). My average pace was 16.1 MPH. 103.6 miles for the week makes this my highest mileage cycling week in a few years (2015? I honestly can’t recall the last time I rode a hundred miles in a week).

Last edited:

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had caught a powerful whiff of dope smoke as I rolled up, so at first I assumed it was a bong. Turns out the dope smell was from a *different* car. This guy had the glass tube in his mouth, foil with undetermined substance in his left hand, and lighter in his right hand.

Hahaha, I would have thought you were riding in Portland. Crazy to think that sort of thing is more commonplace than we’d like to admit.

My comment was for @Michigan Planner , missed the citation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads