• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4.6 miles on the trail yesterday then 6 on the greenway this morning. The greenway was blocked with a chain going across the trail for a while but people just went over/under it. Today there was a big 6ft chain link fence with barbed wire blocking it. I couldn't tell what was wrong when running on it and sad I will have to start somewhere else now for a bit.

Heading for vacation tomorrow so will have super flat, exposed runs for the next week.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@kjb - Great work on the 5k!

____

7.2 miles last night on the trails. Started a little later than normal and it was getting dark under the canopy. When I did pop out at one spot where you can usually see downtown, it was super foggy. Come to find out, it was smoke from wildfires in California and Canada.

smoke_lvl5_f18-1124x400.png

We haven't really had much smoke from out west affecting our weather here in Metro Detroit but it has been noticeable during the sunrises the past couple mornings. They've been extra orange and extra pretty.

___

10 miles on the dot this morning. The first 5 were relatively slow and easy with an overall pace of 9:00/mile. Once I hit that 45 minute/5 mile point, I turned around and turned it up and ran the same 5 miles back home in 39 minutes (what's that, 7:20 a mile?).

I've had a looong, very busy, stressful week at work (my job is typically next to nothing in terms of stress level) and I was really tired when I got up this morning but after using yesterday morning as a rest day I really wanted to get out there today and I'm glad I did.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.6 trail miles with the dogs from our campsite, followed by 4.6 miles of kayaking alternating between carrying each of our three boys. I’m freakin’ thrashed and now have to drive home.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had my 1 mile time trial last night. It was originally scheduled for 9:00 p.m. but there we’re some severe storms and torrential rain moving through so it got pushed back to just before 10:00 p.m. (and this was all a makeup after severe weather canceled it about a month ago).

When the starting gun for my heat went off I was fumbling with my bib on the sideline and not paying attention so I crossed the start line a good 30 or 40 seconds after everybody else. My “official” time was 6:27.something but I was moving! There were about 15 runners in my heat and I started making up time pretty quickly and passed all but a few of the other runners (there were two college-age girls who had a pretty good lead on everybody). When all was said and done my watch actually said 5:41 for the mile, a new PR by about 15 seconds! I think my 5:41 would have been first or second in my heat.

I don’t think the race was chip timed (I cannot see or feel a chip on the bib so maybe the camera was just automatically reading the bibs as they cross the line?) so I think my 6:27 may stand as my official time but I’m waiting for the organizers to post all the times to their site later today or tomorrow.

There was nothing but pride on the line so, even taking my starting snafu into consideration I had a good time.

The next two heats both had a bunch of runners run a sub 5-minute mile so I’m pretty sure I didn’t finish in the top 10.

I’ve got a 10k scheduled for this coming Saturday morning. Hopefully the crowd of runners there will help motivate me along for that too.

1DD991F8-734A-4FC2-B68C-78F701C1E759.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20.7 mixed terrain miles on the cyclocross bike. Riding trails on that thing sure feels like a throwback to pre-suspension mountain biking… it’s hot and smoky out. Temps in the low 90s.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took this morning off from running as I was a lot more sore from my late night mile than I figured I’d be.

This afternoon I went to the beach house to meet up with my wife and kids. There’s a good sand bar about 100’ from the shore this year (after a couple years without the sandbar) and my oldest daughter wanted to race me in the water with her swimming and me running on the sandbar. So we did about 50 meter “sprints” with me running in thigh-deep water. We did about 5 or 6 of those and now I’m beat!

At least the water was warm today!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of walking lately usually about an hour 3 nights a week. I'm still having quite a bit of discomfort in my knee. It feels like bone on bone when I run so I've tapered off right now.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another 8 miles or shall I say 7.6 miles according to Garmin. Same exact run as yesterday, just slower. Need to hydrate more for these runs as I am drained by them. May need to switch hydration to an electrolyte mix versus plain water.

EDIT: pic for accuracy ?
9E5109B7-E58E-4F8B-BF3A-8004038C1BAD.jpeg

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
12.3 this morning on the cx bike (mostly trails and gravel) and 16.7 this afternoon on the mountain bike (road and paths, with some laps at the bike park). Temps in the low 90s (eff running weather).

A57F718E-A309-480C-9BA7-1E6E3AB5CF3F.jpeg

13159BFB-35C1-41C4-ACFA-E23D4EABA806.jpeg

35A1C2C6-A13F-4B49-8EC2-4D0B3BE024F1.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads