• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8mi, 7:29/mi, 134bpm — Z2 Base Miles

Feeling pretty spry today. That’s a good pace for me relative to those HR and power meter values.

Awesome 5k PR @Michigan Planner - That’s a HUGE improvement in just a short period of time.

@imatlas - If it makes you feel any better, my pack was just a bit lighter than yours (~37lbs without water) when I hiked the Wunderland Trail around Mt Rainier. The pack never bothered me and we were trekking through 90% snowpack with 0 trail visibility. That god for the Garmin Topo maps on my watch or we’d have been screwed.

3C87DEF2-9BF9-4E0C-945E-F94B922BD414.jpeg
FA44155D-EE63-426D-9344-611EDAF50EDE.jpeg
B4CB37A4-7985-41FE-87DC-B89259E212D8.jpeg

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
GPS has bailed ****** put on a couple of occasions. Once we got dropped off in the Yukon 50 miles from our planned destination and the helicopter pilot gave us one of his aeronautical maps, but 1" = 50 miles is useless to a hiker. We wound up navigating with an old school Garmin with a teeny tiny little screen.

The asshole pilot (who couldn't stand us) yelled "You'll have an adventure now, boys!" as he flew away.

We got him back though: we never paid for our flight time. He was so sick of us that when we tried to negotiate a discount (based on getting ditched in the wrong spot) he threw us out and swore he wouldn't accept a dime. So he never got one.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
GPS has bailed ****** put on a couple of occasions. Once we got dropped off in the Yukon 50 miles from our planned destination and the helicopter pilot gave us one of his aeronautical maps, but 1" = 50 miles is useless to a hiker. We wound up navigating with an old school Garmin with a teeny tiny little screen.

The asshole pilot (who couldn't stand us) yelled "You'll have an adventure now, boys!" as he flew away.

We got him back though: we never paid for our flight time. He was so sick of us that when we tried to negotiate a discount (based on getting ditched in the wrong spot) he threw us out and swore he wouldn't accept a dime. So he never got one.
What did you do to him?

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's so awesome @Michigan Planner ! i have a 5k i'm running tomorrow night. i'm hoping to do sub 21, lets see.

another 10 mile bike around town today, in the same 45-ish minutes. it really wild how the tire change has made my riding so much more comfortable. just keeping the legs fresh for tomorrow night.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5K last night put on by a neighboring running club. Just a hair short as I had 3.05 miles on my watch but finished in 20:27. Happy I still would have been under 21 with the extra 5 hundredths.

Flat out and back but so many turns as we snaked along the waterfront. Started waaay to fast with the help of a tailwind, 6:30, second mile 6:40, and flagged super hard from lack of fitness and the head wind the last mile at 6:57. Out-kicked 3 people at the finish.

Wore my endorphin pros which definitely aided me. Would have been curious to see my time in racing flats.

B02BC7EB-1DA7-4A24-9C53-0E9E23EE84E1.jpeg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.2 miles last night on the trails. Started a little later than normal and it was getting dark under the canopy. When I did pop out at one spot where you can usually see downtown, it was super foggy. Come to find out, it was smoke from wildfires in California and Canada.

smoke_lvl5_f18-1124x400.png

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10mi, 8:08/mi, 127bpm — Just a Z1 recovery jog. Enjoying the beautiful weather here. 60f, low dew point, no smoke. A late July gift!

Awesome work @kjb !! You crushed it!! I’m not a 5k runner…in fact, I hate the distance, but one of the best tips that I got was to hold back as much as you can the first mile and then treat it like a 2 mile race. It’s so easy to blow up that first mile and lock up.

Last edited:

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks Dusty. yeah in a former life i was much more controlled in my pacing, but a year plus of not racing has me really rusty. also my brain totally thinks my fitness is also pre-covid so it keeps writing pace checks my body hasn't entirely been able to cash yet. i am super happy i hit my sub 21 goal though regardless of how the splits played out. but would really like to be more purposeful with them, something to work on.

Last edited:

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.25 miles last night with the club. legs felt like trash from the race so a super slow recovery run, 10:35 pace the whole way. feel a bit better today, might do a light spin at some point to try to flush out the last of the soreness.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads