• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@bdavro23 - If we’re talking about the same one I’m thinking of (linked below), than it was easily one of the worst shoes I’ve ever had the displeasure of running in. I disliked nearly everything about it and couldn’t bring myself to donate them in fear that it would illicit the same disappointment on someone else. I’d rather run barefoot.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@bdavro23 - If we’re talking about the same one I’m thinking of (linked below), than it was easily one of the worst shoes I’ve ever had the displeasure of running in. I disliked nearly everything about it and couldn’t bring myself to donate them in fear that it would illicit the same disappointment on someone else. I’d rather run barefoot.

Well, that was pretty succinct...

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you’re a size 11 you can have them for free. That goes for anyone if you throw me a couple bucks for shipping. 36 (disappointing) miles on them.

I have some Inov-8 trail shoes that fall into this bucket. Even walking in the shoes would cause blisters over short distances.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So terrible that your dog can't even use them as chew toys?

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some Inov-8 trail shoes that fall into this bucket. Even walking in the shoes would cause blisters over short distances.

That’s a shame. I’ve been intrigued by their trail line over the years, especially the ones with those wicked lugs. Bummer that the shoes are about as remarkable as their origin country’s cuisine.

I'm an 11. This is good to know for the future...

If you don’t mind used shoes, I have plenty I could offer you (free). I generally donate them to the local HS after I fill a box.

So terrible that your dog can't even use them as chew toys?

She’s always been the checks over stripes type. ? In all honesty I try not to reinforce bad habits…She’s a smart dog, but not smart enough to discern that particular pair from the bunch that I actually like.

Last edited:

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a shame. I’ve been intrigued by their trail line over the years, especially the ones with those wicked lugs. Bummer that the shoes are about as remarkable as their origin country’s cuisine.

If you don’t mind used shoes, I have plenty I could offer you (free). I generally donate them to the local HS after I fill a box.

She’s always been the checks over stripes type. ? In all honesty I try not to reinforce bad habits…She’s a smart dog, but not smart enough to discern that particular pair from the bunch that I actually like.

I'm sure donating them is a much better use of them than giving them to me, but thats a very kind offer. I will however, take you up on that offer of going for a run once I get a little bit of fitness back!

Also, I saw a deal for those Adizero Pros for $80, so I bought them before I saw your scathing review. Tryin to stimulate the economy and everything...

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
15 miles, 7:41/mi, 148bpm.

Started around 6am, already mid-70’s with a similar dew point. I had an electrolyte drink before heading out and carried a single 17oz handheld with me. My breathing and legs were fine, but the atmosphere just made things feel like my chest was being squeezed. I thought about throwing in a chunk of miles at GMP but decided it was really early in the training block and to just subtly progress to steady. It’s going to be a rough summer for me training in the heat.

1CDB61A7-DF74-4DA8-92EA-79C0C3570D7A.jpeg

—-

I'm sure donating them is a much better use of them than giving them to me, but thats a very kind offer. I will however, take you up on that offer of going for a run once I get a little bit of fitness back!

Also, I saw a deal for those Adizero Pros for $80, so I bought them before I saw your scathing review. Tryin to stimulate the economy and everything...

Ah well, take my feedback with a grain of salt. I’m just a no talent, nobody, who couldn’t make the roster of a girls HS JV team. I really hope you do like them! Personally, they were heavier and much firmer than I expected. I didn’t get any bounce or pop from the midsole and they didn’t work with my gait at all. I felt noticeably beaten up after running in them.

Come to think of it, you should just refuse delivery and take mine for free.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10k club run this morning with daughter and the stroller. Powered exclusively by pizza and cookies from last night. Depsite that, felt good though and out side of the giant climb I had a good pace. 8:35 overall.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11 miles today on the greenway. Took about 40oz of water and went through most of it as the greenway is quite exposed in spots but there was a breeze that helped. I see my brother in laws parents every few weeks on the path and today they cheered me on as I ran past.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I skipped running this morning because I had my mile time trial tonight so I went for a long walk this morning instead. We had about 6” of rain yesterday so I headed down to check out the trail that runs along the river. It was completely flooded.

EC24899B-CE47-4FDB-8941-D266CDB9FC81.jpeg

5D4B799A-3A47-4E15-ADED-708E9CA12A6C.jpeg
B7C220DB-9990-4BDA-93E3-11784D0C4A92.jpeg

65C1674D-8F69-4B30-AD3F-FCD7CF374255.jpeg
8D710CFA-FC51-411F-8053-2F730E3B0A98.jpeg
104C29A5-93E9-46A9-99ED-A3FECC6A910D.jpeg
CCFA0B14-EB76-4EE0-9A00-843CA9E700B8.jpeg

Further upstream there’s a little dam that makes a small lake behind it. The water was roaring over the dam this morning and much of the park in that section was flooded still. All of the benches were covered with sticks and debris so the water must have been a couple feet high quite a ways in. The water in the lake itself was strangely quiet though.
79264FCA-EAC6-4D0F-99A7-F05D01893B5F.jpeg

0ED24F63-2980-4605-8FB3-2E553C14742B.jpeg
3FB93C2F-2AB5-4C83-BBC7-BBF574F7CE0B.jpeg
FBD462E6-2B11-4C5C-B9B7-FFD27CA88F5C.jpeg
8E9BADA3-0FA1-4D8D-B320-F8CD2E90432D.jpeg

I got to the track for my time trial this evening only to see I missed an email that got sent about 2 minutes after I started driving - the event was cancelled.

43A912C9-6FF1-4104-A659-C6661E0805F5.jpeg

They were planning to run rain or (moon) shine but now they’re forecasting 60mph winds and hail starting right around the middle of the event so the organizers (understandably) didn’t want their fancy timing equipment out here. Oh well. I decided to go for an easy 8 miles through a bunch of McMansion neighborhoods I’d never been to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads