• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When they ruled on the Kentucky Derby horse they were saying the substance was in picoliters or some really really small amount. At some point, is a substance in such a small quantity going to provide a benefit?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Texasmade @FlyingMonkey @sugarbutch but I did have a stint early in my career as a meat procurement leader

F061ABAD-61CA-4CC7-9469-A1C6F2B3063F.gif

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Texasmade @FlyingMonkey @sugarbutch - I'm far from an expert on animal transmitted metabolites, but I did have a stint early in my career as a meat procurement leader for a regional grocer of ~2,200 stores. From what I remember, Nandrolone is produced naturally by uncastrated male hogs and is orally bioavailable if you eat the offal cuts of the pig (intestine, liver, etc). But...We have serious livestock regulations here in the states. There's a lot of stuff that's popular in other countries that's flat out illegal here over very minor health concerns. All that to say...castrating hogs is standard practice to prevent 'boar taint' -- it messes up the meat. You'd be extremely hard pressed to source pig meat from an uncastrated hog...Not to say it's impossible.

Little known fact: @Dusty Heaters was the original "Big Green Weenie".

1623781883456.jpeg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When they ruled on the Kentucky Derby horse they were saying the substance was in picoliters or some really really small amount. At some point, is a substance in such a small quantity going to provide a benefit?
You have to take into account the half life of the substance. The person could have just trace amounts but might have blasted a **** ton for 2-3 months straight to accrue a lot of the benefits. Then they cycle off to let the half life run down and clear out of the system to leave trace amounts left.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to take into account the half life of the substance. The person could have just trace amounts but might have blasted a **** ton for 2-3 months straight to accrue a lot of the benefits. Then they cycle off to let the half life run down and clear out of the system to leave trace amounts left.

Every stoner knows how to do this to beat drug tests.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Texasmade - Great question. Completely out of my wheelhouse of knowledge...but I can assure you of one thing. I'll be eating pork burritos from the sketchiest food trucks I can find on a daily basis from here on out.

@Michigan Planner - Extra emphasis on 'big'. :lol:

It was a strange career path, but I was happy to accept any job right out of the Corps that paid well. I had to tour slaughter houses and packing facilities pretty regularly for compliance. If you've never had that exposure to a kill room floor you're probably better for it. I can't imagine I'll ever forget the smell of boiled feathers. The thought still gives me shivers.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Distance interval day today. And I stupidly went out way too fast and ended up pulling something in my left hamstring. I should have been running my tempo intervals at a strict 4:20 - 4:23, but my average for the 2 x 1.5km and 1 x 2km sections I completed was 4:10. And my average for the easy sections in between was 5:04 rather than the 5:15 it should have been. So I had to jog back slowly over the last 4km and not do the final 2km tempo interval.

I'm hoping it's not too serious, but I am taking the day off tomorrow and definitely not going to try running the 8km TT I had planned for this week!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
According to her, WADA acknowledged that her hair test indicated no long-term use of the substance, but who knows?

Anyway, just under 12 miles right after work today. Weather is amazing right now. Went hard up Clarendon (average 3.7%, up to 10%), averaging 220w. Probably went too hard at the beginning, well over 300w for the first minute or so.

BBD20332-FC32-4614-8910-52AC6377C2E4.jpeg
F4231824-88DF-45CF-93AD-54E688D92BB4.jpeg
4D6EFAA6-35EF-4B5A-936D-0C83B3AB9C1D.jpeg

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.5 mile progression run on Monday. Started at a 9 minute pace and brought it down slowly over the run to finish at 7:45.

5.5 mile club run last night. I did some sort of workout where I alternated fast (7:00-7:15) and slow (8:15-8:30) miles.

Threw in some bike practice yesterday too.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ultimate is starting back up here in the city for us, so Monday rode about 2 miles each way to and from the field and played 3 - 4 points at a warm up game to get our muscles accustomed to playing again.

Too busy with work yesterday so skipped my bike ride.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
12 miles this morning at a relaxed overall 8:23/mile pace. The weather was perfect with temps around 60º and absolutely no humidity! My route was generally pretty flat but had about 510' of elevation in it across a few specific road segments.

Looking at my map on Strava I see there is also a little nature preserve just south of the southern edge of today's route and it looks like I can enter the preserve through one neighborhood, cut through the preserve, and then come out in a totally different neighborhood. I may have to check that out tomorrow.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started some low heart rate training recently and I have to say, its ******* boring. The most engaging part is making it a game to try and keep my heart rate right on a specific number. Everything I have read shows real benefit to the training, so I am committed to giving it a solid effort, but if I were running any slower I would be in a **** Christopher Nolan film...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads