• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

ultravisitor

Reaction score
What a difference a slight temperature drop makes.
Oh, I know. It feels amazing whenever the temperature drops. When I went out for a walk this morning, I was bummed that I was giving my legs a break because it was in the 60s and felt awesome. Even in the afternoon today, the temperature was only in the 70s.

Oh well. At least I got to wear my PBJs today without drowning in sweat.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Our very own Shelby Houlihan tests positive for Nandrolone. Blames some burrito pork she ate… ?
Although it seems likely that she's guilty, it doesn't seem unreasonable to have a second lab test the sample before banning someone for four years.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
13.2 miles Saturday morning at 7:54/mile overall (my 3rd best half marathon according to Strava) and then 10.1 miles Sunday morning at 7:53/mile. I used the street grid in a particular neighborhood and sprinted the long east/west roads and rested while walking the north/south block between them. The sprint legs gradually got longer since the road I was using as the eastern turnaround point runs on a pretty sharp angle.

It was pretty damn humid Sunday morning but in the afternoon it had gotten considerably more pleasant so I got out for another 6.2 miles at 7:57/mile around dinner time. I ended last week with 81 miles.

I started this week with my normal 10k on Monday morning. My overall pace was 8:19/mile. I had to slow down at a couple of intersections to navigate around the road that is now torn up for the summer road construction season (I need to figure out a 10k route in the opposite direction for the next couple months). I also had to slow down when I got into our downtown because I saw a bunch of $1 bills blowing down the street so I turned around to chase them down. I ended up making $7 on the run!

I went to the track this morning for a bunch of 100m, 200m, 400m, and 800m intervals with decreasing rest periods between each set. It was brutal near the end. I ended up with about 10 miles on the dot.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8 miles, 7:55/mi, 134bpm -- Barely Z2 jogging with 5x 12s hill sprints

Mid 60's, upper 50's dew point, sunny. Feeling REBORN out there. I can breathe again! Enjoying my recovery week. I think it's more beneficial to me mentally than physically...Although both are already benefitting from the rejuvenation.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to the track when it was 94 with feels like 104. Did my mile warmup 7:53. Best 4 lap mile warmup I've done in 8 or 9 months. I haven't been under 8min for awhile. My sprint times afterwards sucked since it was so freaking hot and I was gassed from the warmup.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Our very own Shelby Houlihan tests positive for Nandrolone. Blames some burrito pork she ate… ?

You should own your cheating if you get caught. Don't blame everyone else except yourself. Throwing some local food truck under the bus was particularly disgusting, she was basically claiming "it was the immigrants who did it!"

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weights yesterday morning followed by a 20min bike session last night. Was bummed due to blood work results I received yesterday afternoon. Turns out I am now in the prediabetic category likely due to a sweet tooth. Gotta love it when life throws you a wrench.

Goals now other than normal life things is to cut out added sugars as much as possible. When I think about my diet, it is pretty good other than desserts and some peanut butter pretzels I eat during the day. When I think back, I have eaten a ton of candy lately, gummy worms, which are now gone so other candy doesn't sound appealing to me. Will retest again in 6 months to see what's improved. And to think, when people see me they think I am really fit which makes me wonder, how bad are other peoples blood panels. Good grief.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Texasmade @FlyingMonkey @sugarbutch - I'm far from an expert on animal transmitted metabolites, but I did have a stint early in my career as a meat procurement leader for a regional grocer of ~2,200 stores. From what I remember, Nandrolone is produced naturally by uncastrated male hogs and is orally bioavailable if you eat the offal cuts of the pig (intestine, liver, etc). But...We have serious livestock regulations here in the states. There's a lot of stuff that's popular in other countries that's flat out illegal here over very minor health concerns. All that to say...castrating hogs is standard practice to prevent 'boar taint' -- it messes up the meat. You'd be extremely hard pressed to source pig meat from an uncastrated hog...Not to say it's impossible.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Texasmade @FlyingMonkey @sugarbutch - I'm far from an expert on animal transmitted metabolites, but I did have a stint early in my career as a meat procurement leader for a regional grocer of ~2,200 stores. From what I remember, Nandrolone is produced naturally by uncastrated male hogs and is orally bioavailable if you eat the offal cuts of the pig (intestine, liver, etc). But...We have serious livestock regulations here in the states. There's a lot of stuff that's popular in other countries that's flat out illegal here over very minor health concerns. All that to say...castrating hogs is standard practice to prevent 'boar taint' -- it messes up the meat. You'd be extremely hard pressed to source pig meat from an uncastrated hog...Not to say it's impossible.
I'm skeptical of the defense, too. I just think it's reasonable to test again given the penalty. I generally find the puritanism of WADA (and USADA particularly) out of proportion to the harm. I also don't think they are particularly effective at policing the various sports given that most of the people caught have passed many, many tests before.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree on all fronts @sugarbutch . I can’t imagine they only performed a single test and issued the ban, right? Don’t they normally do a couple follow-up tests just to rule out a false positive? They do that for preemployment drug screens I just thought it was standard to do so with professional athletes.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d love to see a study on the prevalence of these things in the general population. It’s odd that the only time you ever here of nandrolone or clenbuterol is when a top athlete tests positive and blames tainted meat.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She ate from a food truck which I'm guessing is in the US using meat that was regulated by the USDA (to some extent). Also, how much would she need to eat to actually test positive?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads