• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I forgot to mention is that I got attacked and bitten on the arm by a very large dog yesterday - not when I was running but just when I was walking to the post office with my son. ****** shredded the sleeve of my Nigel Caborn shirt. Apparently it has had its rabies shots so I probably won't die...

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got in 12.2 miles at the park today. I planned to only run my 10mile greenway route but it’s closed for maintenance which I hope means removing the mud and remaining trash from the floods in March.

Nothing too eventful other than just feeling really good with my runs lately. Need to keep up the stretching which may be helping or else I am just getting in better shape.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9 miles this morning with four 7 minute threshold segments and 14 minutes of easy jogging between them. I managed to keep all the threshold segments below 7:00/mile with the first two closer to 6:20/mile.

I know in-person races have been slowly returning here in Metro Detroit but so far most of them have been way out in the sticks and I can’t justify driving an hour for a 40 minute run. I’m keeping an eye out for something closer though because I’m ready to get back out there with other runners

Pro tip, run slower if you want your money’s worth...:teach:

I did 4 flat trail miles this afternoon. It started sprinkling when I was about a kilometer from home. Temps around 60.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy 4.8 miles this morning and that was going to be it for the day but then my wife decided to take the kids out to her parents house. I was going to stay home to work on a few small projects around the house that had be piling up. It was my first time in the house alone for more than 10 minutes in probably 8 months. I got my projects done MUCH faster than I had figured it would take so I decided to head out to my favorite local park for some extra miles.

I ended up getting in another 14.5 miles and nearly 1,300’ of elevation. Most of that elevation was on two particular hills that I ran up and down a few times. I need to sit down and look at the contour maps and figure out what the slope was because it felt pretty steep. My quads are already feeling it tonight.

ADAC7FD1-F114-4A94-B964-9EA3E72437A3.jpeg

B77A5DE5-7F77-4141-990F-D2CD9E149A8D.jpeg

3C06A710-3ACA-4A33-B9D9-B50B02538993.jpeg

When I got home I was getting out of the shower and I could hear some ice cream truck music so I rushed to get dressed just in time to see it passing my house. So I rushed outside with no shoes on and flagged him down. I’m a frequent customer so I think he was already going extra slow keeping an eye out for me but he actually pulled all the way up in the circular driveway to my porch for me. It was nice to have dinner delivered tonight since I didn’t feel like cooking :p

A98027AF-2B97-4894-BEAE-00E4326C9C43.jpeg

F5C193DE-ECE3-4669-9165-A839D43C30BD.jpeg

1F20FD5B-7F11-4C8C-A237-ACA181F39C44.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I meant to add that I ended the week with 83.0 miles. I think that’s my highest weekly total since July or August of last year.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easy 4.8 miles this morning and that was going to be it for the day but then my wife decided to take the kids out to her parents house. I was going to stay home to work on a few small projects around the house that had be piling up. It was my first time in the house alone for more than 10 minutes in probably 8 months. I got my projects done MUCH faster than I had figured it would take so I decided to head out to my favorite local park for some extra miles.

I ended up getting in another 14.5 miles and nearly 1,300’ of elevation. Most of that elevation was on two particular hills that I ran up and down a few times. I need to sit down and look at the contour maps and figure out what the slope was because it felt pretty steep. My quads are already feeling it tonight.

View attachment 1610918
View attachment 1610922
View attachment 1610916

When I got home I was getting out of the shower and I could hear some ice cream truck music so I rushed to get dressed just in time to see it passing my house. So I rushed outside with no shoes on and flagged him down. I’m a frequent customer so I think he was already going extra slow keeping an eye out for me but he actually pulled all the way up in the circular driveway to my porch for me. It was nice to have dinner delivered tonight since I didn’t feel like cooking :p

View attachment 1610923
View attachment 1610924
View attachment 1610925
Dinner? Shouldn't you have gotten a Choco Taco then? That does look good though and well deserved after all the miles put down.

2:05 of saddle time today over about 29ish miles. Rode to a local brewery, picked up dinner, and back home.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dinner? Shouldn't you have gotten a Choco Taco then? That does look good though and well deserved after all the miles put down.

2:05 of saddle time today over about 29ish miles. Rode to a local brewery, picked up dinner, and back home.

sixpoint? if so, i'd be interested to know where you're getting 30 miles in around that area.

ETA: i understand people value their privacy on the interwebs so if you don't feel like sharing that's totally cool.

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Choco Taco was going to be my first choice but the guy was all out today. He knows that's what I usually get so he told me he was sold out before I even got up to the window. :(

Your post ride beer looks pretty good too! There's a brewery about smack dab halfway between my house and the house of a friend who is also a runner. They've got a nice outdoor patio. I may have to suggest to him we run to the brewery some afternoon and meet up for a beer and then run back to our respective homes.

I was originally going to run back-to-back 10k runs this morning but decided to just do one slower one after yesterday's extra miles. It was about 55º out and sunny and absolutely perfect. I think this morning is going to be the coolest of our mornings this week.

I took a closer look at the elevation from yesterday's run and the hill that I did 4x was anywhere from about 8% incline up to 22% incline over the course of about 0.4 miles.

63A8032C-C4C0-4CBD-8D14-EC45F1C54AB4.png

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sixpoint? if so, i'd be interested to know where you're getting 30 miles in around that area.

ETA: i understand people value their privacy on the interwebs so if you don't feel like sharing that's totally cool.
Yup, that's Sixpoint. Not really 30 miles around that area, but I'm sure you could put together a tour around places near the bridges and probably get like 10 miles. Sixpoint is about 2.5 - 3 miles from the Manhattan/Brooklyn bridges, so both ways that's already 5 - 6 miles. Other Half's brewery is also near there as well as Threes Brewing and Finback recently opened a location in Brooklyn.

We live near Columbia, so the ride down from here was already 17 miles taking the long way on the Queensboro and through western Queens and North Brooklyn.

I also learned about, IIRC, a womens' owned brewery called Talea, that is near McCarren Park in Williamsburg.

I also picked up a 4 pack of this the other day to try out:

1621346221424.png

Haven't gotten a chance to try it yet.

This long-aged stout is the beer equivalent of delicious, creamy coquito. Coquito is an iconic holiday drink—it has a coconut cream base, features delicious warming spices, and is fearsomely strong and amazingly delicious! We’ve done our best to pay tribute here with a carefully calibrated blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla, layered over tons of in-house toasted coconut. It’s an extremely decadent, complex, layered stout at an eye-popping 15.4%... sip this one slow, partner.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads