• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just did a five mile trail run at North Table Mountain Park (next to Golden, CO). What a great place to run. I ran a nice loop with a maximum elevation of 6,552’ and some steep hills. Temps in the upper 40s to low 50s.

I’ve run that loop before! Beautiful place. Loved how well the trail was maintained and the various vantage points. It was cool to see gravel bikes out there too. Everyone was very considerate and kind.

I remember trying to use my phone to film the group of us while running since I was in the front and tripped over a root. The fall ended up cracking my screen. Haha. Served me right.

I ordered a couple pair of fancy new shoes and they arrived yesterday so I decided to give one of the pair a try. First up were the Nike ZoomX Vaporfly Next% and all I can say is, "Holy crap, believe the hype!"

I tried to tell you guys!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next % 2
Alphafly
Endorphin Pro
Fuelcell RC Elite 2

I like the Next % for any distance under 10m and the alpha for anything over.

The Alphafly are actually the other pair that I ordered. I am planning to bust them out for Monday morning's back-to-back 10k runs and am looking forward to them.

I'm also waiting for the ASICS Metaspeed Sky to come back in stock in my size as I want to give those a try too. Something that may help Dusty or any other vets out there: ASICS offers 40% off of any regular price merchandise for veterans (Nike offers 20% off on most shoes for vets).

I keep hearing good things about the Fuelcell RC and the Endorphin Pro so I'm always keeping an eye out for good deals.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Work went long last night so I slothed around the house. This morning I dropped the kids off and completed another weight session. I could still feel Tuesday's session but I am just getting back into things.

The plan tonight is to run with the trail group but gotta see how the day plays out. I get the side eye when I want to work out twice in a day...

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Alphafly are actually the other pair that I ordered. I am planning to bust them out for Monday morning's back-to-back 10k runs and am looking forward to them.

I'm also waiting for the ASICS Metaspeed Sky to come back in stock in my size as I want to give those a try too. Something that may help Dusty or any other vets out there: ASICS offers 40% off of any regular price merchandise for veterans (Nike offers 20% off on most shoes for vets).

I keep hearing good things about the Fuelcell RC and the Endorphin Pro so I'm always keeping an eye out for good deals.

Heads up. The next % 2 just dropped on Nike.com.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got my Endorphin Pros in a completely unadvertised flash sale on one colorway - I just happened to be on the site at the time. I'm convinced the things are a little dangerous though - if you aren't careful, they make you run faster than you are really able to, which equals injuries.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9.2 trail miles this evening over 2 runs. One 3.6 loop by myself then another 5.6 with the group. A slower crowd to start tonight but one girl was pretty quick so we put in a mile together then she slowed down. I caught a guy I hadn’t seen in a few years that reminds me of FM. He is a little older and just flies which I’d imagine a run with FM would be like. I held on them we split off in the end. He told me to email him but never gave an email and I only know his first name. Will have to look at old race results to find him..

c0de

Reaction score
Slow as frack 5k yesterday after taking 4 weeks off (for fasting). Hoping to kick start things back this weekend. But also wondering how much I should adhere to the "increase weekly mileage by 10%".

c0de

Reaction score
Next % 2
Alphafly
Endorphin Pro
Fuelcell RC Elite 2

I like the Next % for any distance under 10m and the alpha for anything over.

I've love to try one of those, especially the next%.. but after many years running in Kinvaras (and lately freedom) I am not sure I can go back to high drop (and high stack) shoes.. and I am too cheap to try..

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Garmin has been saying I have been overreaching, so I thought I would run my weekday route at a slower pace yesterday. 8.65 miles last night at an average pace of 8:23 minutes/mile. Unfortunately status changed to unproductive...

Still plan on going for a ride this weekend regardless.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garmin has been saying I have been overreaching, so I thought I would run my weekday route at a slower pace yesterday. 8.65 miles last night at an average pace of 8:23 minutes/mile. Unfortunately status changed to unproductive...

Still plan on going for a ride this weekend regardless.

No matter what I do, what kind of pace I have, where my HR is, my Garmin ALWAYS says my run is unproductive. I also very rarely wear my Garmin other than when I'm running so I wonder if that makes a difference? Maybe it thinks I never get any rest all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads