• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
been busy but still running. did track last wednesday and felt good. did a hard work of deconstructed thousands, 4 x 600 / 300 / 100, 600s at 2:30, 300s at 1:05ish, 100s at :17-:16. 100 walk / jog between each segment, and 400 recovery after each set.

had to take a few days off because of second dose effects and crap weather but salvaged the week with a 7.5 stroller run sunday, longest i've done in a while and a lot harder now that daugther is 6 and a half ha.

my legs were feeling it yesterday so 5.75 mile recovery run at 9 minute pace.

catching up here:

@Michigan Planner - the knee soreness was probably from your shoes. i've done impromptu workouts in my dailies and never feel good the day after. i don't remember the gel nimbus being a particularly flexible shoe so maybe it was just a bit of extra strain when trying to crank it? hope things have gotten better over the past few days

@jbarwick - basically all the running gear i own is tracksmith. the van cortland stuff is nice, but as MP said, if you sweat a lot it can get really uncomfortable really quickly. i had to donate my van courtland shorts and singlet because i couldn't wear them in the summer. i love the session shorts, i have like 5 pairs. i find the twilight tanks and tees much more comfortable than the van courtland stuff, but again, they handle a super sweaty guy much better. TS makes a lot of stuff i find unnecessary or would never buy unless i received like a gift card or something, but there are a few things that i think are really exceptional and worth the extra money. session shorts, turnover tights (and the half tights), twilight tees and tanks.

@FlyingMonkey - i'm super happy that you ran so well but also super bummed it also came with some additional hamstring problems, so congrats and also sorry.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Michigan Planner - the knee soreness was probably from your shoes. i've done impromptu workouts in my dailies and never feel good the day after. i don't remember the gel nimbus being a particularly flexible shoe so maybe it was just a bit of extra strain when trying to crank it? hope things have gotten better over the past few days

Yeah, my knees and legs definitely felt better the next day or so - not enough pain to keep me from getting back out there.

Today was another track day but it was absolutely pouring rain outside so I put on the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Shield since they are moderately waterproof - I'm using the 36 now and they're pretty good, but not quite as waterproof as the 35 which were awesome! Anyway... these are better for the track than my Gel Nimbus but still not as good as the Skechers I like to wear. I decided to just put on my gear and roll out without any of the stretching or weights I normally do before running in the morning and it definitely took me a bit longer to get moving and warmed up but once I got to the track (about a mile+ from my house) I was feeling pretty good.

I did 10 x 800 meters and averaged about 7:00/mile pace for those segments. A little slower than my typical Yasso workout and the shoes may have made a difference but really, by the time I arrived my shell was probably weighing an extra 2 pounds from all the water on it and I could feel it dragging me down. After a few segments, the rain subsided a bit so I took the shell off. I should have taken my shirt off too since after another lap or so it was weighing me down too. Oh well, it was still fun being out there in the first warm rain of the spring.

Weather related: There was no lightning or anything but at one point around 5:30 a.m. I could see a couple massive flashes of light off behind the trees a few blocks away that lit up the sky like crazy. Then a few minutes after that I could hear a bunch of sirens. The only thing I could imagine was that there was a transformer (or two) that exploded somewhere in the neighboring neighborhood. It reminded me of one time my dad and I were at DQ one evening when I was about 12 and out of nowhere a series of transformers across the street exploded for no discernable reason. If you've never seen a transformer explode, they are crazy bright - like a white phosphorous grenade going off.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got in a quick 30min on the Peloton last night then this morning headed to the gym after dropping off the kids to get back into some weight training. What I learned from this is that I need to write down a program...sheesh that was like I was a kid in a candy store and left without doing like 6 things that were on my list.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.5 miles last night with the club, 3 at 8:05 pace, 3.5 at 7:30 pace.

wanted to do a recovery bike ride this morning but there were scattered showers already and i'm frankly not serious enough to do rain rides yet. maybe later when if it dries out some.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
22 miles of mixed terrain (8.25 on the road and the rest on trails or dirt roads) cycling on the Rock Lobster with 885’ of climbing. Temps around 70, so absolutely perfect.

Last edited:

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.7 miles tonight with the club and the stroller! We start earlier enough on Thursday’s now where I can take my daughter for a run and make it home by 8 for bed. 9 minute average pace as I wasn’t interested in pushing it tonight.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did sprints yesterday and today on the track. I felt slow as **** and my 400m time yesterday was really bad at 75 seconds. Last year around this time I was pushing about 66 seconds. I need to get my legs firing back up again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads