• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
43 yesterday. Wonderful to be out on the trails, but something is up with my fit (which hasn’t changed), and both knees were hurting. Low-sided coming down Bobcat (at a very reasonable speed, just an unlucky encounter with some deep gravel just off-line).

C2A7A093-D0A0-438C-9CAC-FACB4A3CBCEA.jpeg
1CE43E1B-99DC-438A-985F-99D7D33C627B.jpeg
8F5DE6E3-F9B1-412B-A172-F8D60CA4990B.jpeg
578DCFF9-BF7C-4A51-B33D-238571254B58.jpeg

31593D30-AE5C-4D98-A05D-0C514748EFC1.jpeg
E3347DB4-E274-45E8-89C7-991C3D253E87.jpeg
FA2B85E4-234C-4D2A-BB53-B948BB03FD3B.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10.7 miles this morning including about twelve 1k segments at the track, alternating between 5k pace and half marathon pace. After the laps around the track I decided to move over to the bleachers by the football field and run up and down them a bunch of times. The bleachers aren't very tall so it wasn't as much of a workout as I was anticipating.Last I went and did 10 dashes from sideline to sideline on the fancy football/lacrosse field with the hi-tech fake grass. It was sooooo much nicer than running across the real grass soccer field that's inside the running track.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.5 miles last night. wanted to do a track workout but as i started my warm up my right knee felt a bit achy. by the time i had gotten up to the track it was feeling a bit sore and stiff. so no track, a bunch of stretching and a bit of strength instead. a super easy jog home, with some ice after more stretching. feels a bit better this morning but i'll see how it goes today before my run tonight.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went lifting last night for the first time since I got my C19 shot. It was probably around a 2 week break. I felt good and energized. I was still able to bench and snatch close to my 1 rep max but squat and deadlifts were way down. Probably because my legs were tired as **** from doing a lot of running Saturday and Sunday.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are enjoying spring here though a cold front is supposed to come through tomorrow and Thursday. I keep putting away my long sleeved running shirts only to dig them back out again every other week.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are due to get some snow tonight but it won't be like that... don't think it will even last.

The roads are mostly clear now. I’ll run tomorrow at lunchtime (I’d do it today if my wife wasn’t stuck in meetings all day). We got about 8” of new snow, pushing the season total to over 100 inches.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question to the runners here. Do you run with your phone? If you do, what do you use to carry it?

I tried running with my phone in my back pocket but didn't like the feel of it. I'm thinking of getting the arm sleeve holder but I haven't found one that I like.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question to the runners here. Do you run with your phone? If you do, what do you use to carry it?

I tried running with my phone in my back pocket but didn't like the feel of it. I'm thinking of getting the arm sleeve holder but I haven't found one that I like.

i do not run with a phone but a whole bunch of people i run with really like the flipbelt to carry their stuff. they say it keeps everything secure and no jostling mostly.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

After getting a Garmin watch that I can store music on, I no longer run with my phone most days. When I do take my phone though, I use a FlipBelt. I can put in my keys, driver's license, a credit card, and my phone and it stays very secure and doesn't jostle around. Most importantly, if I put cash in there it doesn't get all sweaty so I don't feel gross pulling it out to pay for some ice cream if I stop mid-run.

I've tried a few different arm bands but never found one that was particularly comfortable and a few of them would cause some pretty bad chaffing.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6 miles last night with the club. i did a bunch of stretching yesterday during the day and by evening my knee felt much better. took it easy on the first few miles and after i had properly warmed up and things felt ok threw in a few fartleks in the last 2 miles just to see if anything was going to give me a warning sign. nothing and felt good. still going to rest today though with some more stretching but overall i think it was just a cranky tendon that needed to chill out.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got in 3.8 miles last night in 30min. I tried out one of the Peloton running classes outdoors. Could be interesting to use during speed work but too pace focused to be worthwhile for my normal Zone 2 efforts.

For the people that use the FlipBelt, how does it do keeping things dry when you sweat a lot? I use my handheld bottle religiously and have to pack my phone in a ziplock baggie to keep it dry and then it doesn't always work. During the winter I would put my phone in my back shorts pocket but as phones get bigger, the smaller pocket on my shorts doesn't cut it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads