• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am giving it another couple of days so nothing to report. However, the Hoka One One Carbon-X's arrived, and... I tried them on... and I'm not sure I want to send them back! They feel very different from the Saucony Endorphin Pro's, with a much more aggressive 'rock' to them and a more solid feel, both of which suit me fine. But the question is whether I really need both... I'll think about it over the weekend.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am giving it another couple of days so nothing to report. However, the Hoka One One Carbon-X's arrived, and... I tried them on... and I'm not sure I want to send them back! They feel very different from the Saucony Endorphin Pro's, with a much more aggressive 'rock' to them and a more solid feel, both of which suit me fine. But the question is whether I really need both... I'll think about it over the weekend.
Of course you need both. Don’t be daft, man! ;)

Spinning it up today, plus strength and yoga.
13A14691-BFCF-427D-BBA2-2194D0FC0610.jpeg
4136684D-DB84-4F05-A9C1-4FB70256F903.jpeg

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 miles this morning with stroller and daughter.

Was supposed to be an easy run to watch my friend finish up his marathon time trial (he ended up with a 2:56 PR) before taking daughter to tap class.

Realized when we got to the designated finish that I had forgotten her tap shoes so easy run became a 2.5 mile tempo back home and then straight to tap. We made it with a few minutes to spare and I think I managed a little less than a mile at my friends’ average pace.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Did 23 miles today. New saddle was good but some adjustment once I got home. Also raised the seat height a tad. Sadly, forgot to put some butt butter on and paid for it.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About 8.8 miles last night on foot.

Was raining a bit before my run and was forecasted to possibly rain through my run, so decided to keep it close to home and went to the local track. 0.94 miles to the track, 0.97 miles for my first step on my Garmin training plan (2 minutes warm up, 5 minutes run, and 2 minutes cool down). Was thinking about doing step 2 also (7 miles, with a 5 minute warm up and cool down), but wasn't planning on staying out that long, so just ran 6.15 miles (average pace of 8.03/mile), and 0.81 miles towards home, but small stop at the local grocery for some lemon for Branzino for dinner. Wasn't too thrilled about my first track experience in years. It was right after the rain, so pretty much just me and 5 other people the whole time I was there. It was too monotonous for me, maybe if there were more people it would have been more interesting.

Went riding today. Did a local ride called Women who Built NY. 9.8 miles to the meeting point and another 10.8 during the ride with the group at a very casual pace. End point was close to home, so another mile home.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Just 22 miles this morning but over 1k in els. Legs were not feeling the love or I'd have gone 30.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10.5 miles on a local trail this morning at 8:10/mile. That gives me 63.7 miles for the week. 2 weeks in a row above 60 miles now.

I was expecting temps in the upper 20s or lower 30s but it was about 40° when I started and warmed a bit during the run. Today is a lot nicer outside that the forecast was predicting.That said, we may get one final burst of winter here as there are some parts of southern Michigan that might get a few inches of snow Tuesday night.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0 last week, in miles or km.

This morning I ran 2km with my son and friends, partly for their benefit and partly to test things out. The verdict is that I'm not sure. I will probably go out for a longer easy run later as a further test.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.4 miles last night. This was post dinner and weekend yard work so I was sorer than I thought. My pace was 10:15/mi for the run which is super slow but the evening was enjoyable so I was fine with that pace.

Got out with my son yesterday to ride his bike. Need to head out just us with the balance bike a few times then we should be good to go.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads