• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9.2 miles this morning at 8:37/mile pace on what is basically an out and back.

I finished the week with 66.1 miles - my first week above 60 miles for 2021. Now let’s see if I can keep the weekly total up above 60 miles through the summer…

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was supposed to do 24.4km (just over 15 miles) today and the weather was perfect: cool and slightly rainy. I thought it would be perfect to try out the new Saucony Guides too.

However my body did not like anything about today. Everything seemed to hurt: hamstrings, tendons, feet. It wasn't the shoes. I think it must have been some kind of delayed reaction to the 5km TT efforts from Thursday. So I cut things short at around 9km and got home the quickest way I could with a combination of running and walking. 17.1km (just over 10 1/2 miles) in the end at over 6min/km (9:40/mile) average.

Anyway, I'm going to take another day off tomorrow, maybe two or even three, and then just an easy run before I do the next stage of the challenge: a 10km TT next weekend.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
12.2 miles on foot yesterday. Wasn't really feeling it yesterday either, so at 8 miles stopped at a bench overlooking the river to catch my breath and just take in being outside for about 10 minutes. Average pace was under 8 minutes/mile, then resumed the way back home for another 4 miles at 8 minues/mile+ pace. Average moving time over the course of the 12 miles was just a hair over 8 minutes/mile.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got in 10.3 trail miles with only about 1,200ft of gain but felt like more. Haven’t been to this particular park in 4-5yrs so most of it felt new.

Weather was perfect with sun and a breeze. As I was thinking about how great the day was I passed a guy who reminded me of my dad who passed away 3yrs ago. He always took us to parks and such which reminded me of how much more I could do as a father...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Track was closed again today so I went for another jog. This time I managed 25 min continuous although at a slower pace than yesterday. After running for 25 min I walked another 15 min before turning around and walking home. That took like an hour 10 min. I’m guessing I did around 6.5-7 miles of jogging and walking.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this is just the result of overtraining or whether I have some kind of cold or flu. I know it can't be COVID anyway (I haven't had any contact with anyone outside my household for well over 2 weeks).

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This morning I woke up to pain in my toe and remembered I kicked a root pretty hard yesterday with about 2 miles to go. Stung in the moment and has some lingering pain. Isn't anything serious, just normal trails injuries.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
15.1 miles this morning stretched out across three separate runs including two 10k efforts, one of which I managed to do at a 7:33/mile pace for the distance.

I spent yesterday afternoon moving furniture so my oldest could rearrange her bedroom and was more sore than I thought I would be from that, but it didn't seem to affect the running too much today. In unrelated news: kids are gross and the amount of crap a 10-year-old girl let's fall between the bed and the wall is alarming.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 mile road run by headlamp. Temps in the upper 30s. We’re supposed to get some snow the next few nights. Will this be the last of winter? Perhaps...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
16 “miles” this afternoon and 15 min of yoga. I think it was a good call to push yesterday’s workout to today
1618293191996.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tuesday mornings I go to the track and usually do a bunch of intervals with a lot of rest. Today I decided I was going to go and do a 5k without any rest and see what sort of results I could get. I haven't been in an organized 5k in a few years and my fitness has improved a lot (and my weight has decreased significantly) since the last time I ran one so I was interested to see what it would be.

I did set a PR but only shaved 8 seconds off of my previous PR. I always forget how much more difficult it is to make a difference on these "shorter" runs than what I normally do. I also took 27 seconds off of my 2 mile PR and 4 seconds off of my 1 mile PR. I missed my 1k PR by 1 second.

1618321884032.png

I felt pretty good during the run and am pretty sure that I could have gotten even better results if I was running later in the day when I'm more naturally limbered up but I have a feeling the particular track I use is probably pretty busy if I go on a random afternoon. I may have to take a look at some maps and see if I can find a good 5k segment somewhere in a local neighborhood or on a path where I don't have to worry about too much traffic or too many intersections.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6.9 miles this afternoon around the neighborhood. Getting out for an interval session on Friday to get back into the swing of things.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics