• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Okay, first pre-office weight session completed. I'm interested to see how this looks a month from now. Tomorrow it's a 5:30a bike ride...if I don't report back figure a car got me. :(

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got in 8.4 miles yesterday on the greenway. A lot of stretching and rolling Saturday, yesterday, and again this morning. My searching indicates weak glutes and tight hip flexors causing the problem and it looks like deadlifts could be a cure, along with stretching/rolling.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9.2 miles this morning with an overall pace of 8:07. I ran to the local high school track and did a bunch of 100m and 200m intervals. After all those intervals I did 800m, 700m, 600m, 500m, 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m, 50m, all with about 20 seconds of walking rest between them. I managed to set a new 1 mile PR at 6:33 and a 1k PR at 4:01.

It felt nice to go to the track and be able to stretch my legs out without worrying about patches of ice out there anymore. Hopefully from here on out I'll be able to go to the track at least once a week until next winter. Fingers crossed.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
been busy but running. got in my first track workout in i do not know how many months last night. i started off easy as my fast twitch muscles are gone and general aerobic capacity has taken a nose dive over the past year. i was focused on keeping the effort smooth and consistent.

6 x 200 (200 active recovery), 400, 10 push ups (200 active recovery)

i was :50 on the 200s, 1:40 on the 400s on the dot each time. i hit 1:30 on my last 400 which was not "all out" but definitely a significant effort. which is kinda funny/sad because 1:30 400s where my 5K pace back when i had races to train for.

overall just under 8 miles last night with the 2 miles to / from the track.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It’s a Pantera (all those Italian cars look alike ;) ), and I didn’t hang around.

30-minute spin last night at 9:30 after working far too long. Revved it up to 139 rpm there at the end for a giggle. Muy bouncy.

1615318065301.jpeg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was my XC / hill repeat laps day today. Once again, 6 laps, for 8.4km (5 1/4 miles), but the temperatures have gone up leading to a really tricky terrain, a mixture of very wet and boggy grass and mud, crap snow, gravel and occasional patches of crunchy ice. So I was never going to be fast today but in fact I was only marginally slower than last week for a total time of 38:35, average pace: 4:36/km (7:24/mile) and much more consistent pacing for each lap too.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3.1 miles easy on the flat trails, ending around 11:10 PM. I ran a lot of it with my headlamp turned off. Cloudy skies really reflect the city lights... A light rain was falling for part of the time. Temps in the upper 40s.

Our forecast is calling for up to 3 feet of snow between Friday and Monday, with an outside chance at something like 6 to 8 feet. We’ll see...

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the risk of being super repetitive (I do have a pretty fixed routine)... it was my mid-week easy run today: 13.2km (8 1/4 miles), very slightly faster this week 1:07:51, which is 5:07/km (8:14/mile). The weather was ridiculously warm for this time of year 10ºC, and the only reason I wasn't significantly quicker was that I had stupidly had lunch at our recently reopened local 'pub'... and I was feeling sick all the way around. COVID clearly hasn't improved their hygiene practices.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
15 “miles” of decreasing length, increasing intensity intervals. Just realized that this is the last week of my training block, and I have another 4DP test on Saturday. I plan to take a couple of weeks off structured training and get outside more.

1615446895716.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads