• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice work FM!

I had 115 miles in February vs. 97 in January. Since I have been using the Peloton at least once a week, my mileage is lower than I have historically run which is a nice change to just do an hour of steady state riding. Legs don't feel too bad after upping the mileage to 42 last week.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I managed 195 miles in February, which was up 40 miles on the nose from January. My goal is to run between 200 and 225 miles in March and April, bump it up to 250+ in May and hit 300 in June and July. My gym is open but I haven't yet gone back there since everything shut down nearly a year ago. If the numbers fall enough locally to the point where I'd be comfortable going back to the gym, I'd back off a bit on the running.

For now I'm just waiting for the rest of the ice and snow to melt and the ground to soften up enough that I can go run on the few trails near me without worrying about twisting an ankle with every other step.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I feel like @FlyingMonkey is giving us some low-key shade by using fractions when he converts metric to imperial. :)

16 "miles" last night in zone 2. That brings me to 399.7 miles on the bike, 10 miles on my feet, and 898 push-ups in February. (Missed one day of push-ups)
IMG_9114.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I was screaming along and thought I'd end up with an average speed in the high teens...then I turned onto the 7.5 mile straight shot to the end of the ride and smack dab into the face of a 22 mph wind. :fu:

1614636462479.png

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was screaming along and thought I'd end up with an average speed in the high teens...then I turned onto the 7.5 mile straight shot to the end of the ride and smack dab into the face of a 22 mph wind. :fu:

View attachment 1565225
Get dat power meter and you’ll have proof of the watts you were dealing. IJS...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
With my first paycheque Imma getting a new Fitzik saddle, and then this fall when I hope they go on sale, my new Zipp 303 Firecrests. Power meter is way down the list of goodies.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
With my first paycheque Imma getting a new Fitzik saddle, and then this fall when I hope they go on sale, my new Zipp 303 Firecrests. Power meter is way down the list of goodies.
So did I miss that you got a new gig? Or is this just hypothetical?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So did I miss that you got a new gig? Or is this just hypothetical?

I start Monday. :( A gig that's much smaller in scope, with a very specialized patient population, and only nine miles from the Piob Palace using quiet, two lane roads. As far as a job goes it looks good but it's still a job. :(

Along that line I tried out what will be my new morning routine. Successfully had two cups of coffee, a full weight sessions, showered and dressed ten minutes prior to when I need to leave the house to get to work at the time I want to. Not bad. Tomorrow I try a quick 10 mile ride in the same time slot. My goal is weights M/W/F and T/Th do the 10 mile route that has two climbs in it, then one weekend day for a 40'ish or more ride.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9.2 miles this morning at 8:23/mile pace. The first mile was me warming up around 9:30/mile and then I was pushing myself for the next three miles before backing off to about 9:00/mile and then I turned it back up. If I took out those two slower miles, my pace was closer to about 8:10/mile.

After some more mild days, we were back to temps in the teens this morning but Wednesday and Thursday mornings look like we'll return to the 30s in the morning.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I start Monday. :( A gig that's much smaller in scope, with a very specialized patient population, and only nine miles from the Piob Palace using quiet, two lane roads. As far as a job goes it looks good but it's still a job. :(

Along that line I tried out what will be my new morning routine. Successfully had two cups of coffee, a full weight sessions, showered and dressed ten minutes prior to when I need to leave the house to get to work at the time I want to. Not bad. Tomorrow I try a quick 10 mile ride in the same time slot. My goal is weights M/W/F and T/Th do the 10 mile route that has two climbs in it, then one weekend day for a 40'ish or more ride.
Any option to commute by bike? I really miss the 50 base miles I was getting every week riding to work.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Good idea but no. My new office doesn't have a private shower and I'm still running my own SBU so need to dress the part.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
They're actually very comfy to wear except when driving or seated in an office type chair. Also, you don't want to sit on the pleats all day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads