• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Temps around 40 this morning. About 1 mile into my run the heavens opened and it began dumping rain. Knocked out another 3 miles before getting home. It was a fun run. I can take rain, snow, any day. Only thing I hate is the wind.

Same, i was actually lamenting this exact issue to some friends this weekend. i rather it be 15F or something and calm than the weather we've been having which is about 35-40F with a 10-25mph wind depending on the day.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I made some weird noises toward the end of the second set. 2 x 20 x 15s at 153% of FTP/15s of recovery at 33% of FTP.
2BD0E87C-C48A-4AF4-9D18-275625003DE5.jpeg

Made an oat milk/orange juice/strawberry/Recoverite smoothie afterward and went after my quads, hamstrings, and calves with the Theragun.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did another one hour kettlebell workout. I’ve been trying to be better about strength training, and am aiming for three times per week. So far this year, I’m doing pretty well.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.2 miles this morning in another couple inches of fresh snow. It must have just started snowing a few hours before I went out as I had run a couple miles before I saw any tire tracks in the snow on the street.

After yesterday's 10+ miles in the snow my hamstrings were burning in the afternoon. They're still a little sore today and now I can really feel it in my calves after this morning's run. I think tomorrow will likely be a rest day, but it is fun to run in the snow...

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just did another one hour kettlebell workout. I’ve been trying to be better about strength training, and am aiming for three times per week. So far this year, I’m doing pretty well.

An hour? Sheesh. Makes me think my 20-25min workout is too little but realize at some point I will end up back at a proper gym.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I continue to be grounded due to rain and cold temps. Looking like I might get out Thursday but that's the only day that seem likely. Yesterday did two, 45 minute elliptical sessions. Just did weights and will do 45 minutes elliptical after lunch.

Watched this while lifting just now. He's my age and he's a ******* machine.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An hour? Sheesh. Makes me think my 20-25min workout is too little but realize at some point I will end up back at a proper gym.

If you dawdle less than I do, a half hour is probably just fine.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We apparently have an “atmospheric river” headed our way, so I expect that my riding will be confined to the trainer. I haven’t been out on the gravel bike in too long, but I guess that won’t be rectified this week.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11 miles, 7:12 pace, 150bpm (all continuous to keep the effort aerobic)

2mi WU
5x1mi Repeats w/ 2:30 recovery jogs in-between: 6:18, 6:15, 6:09, 6:17, 6:19
2.8mi CD

Introduction to actual speed work. I am highly slow twitch -- 20 milers without stopping, no problem, but hard 1mi-5k efforts are a weakness. Got a little froggy on the third rep, which impacted the last two, but overall kept everything in control. I was happy to keep them all below 6:20.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Weather broke for a few hours so I quickly took advantage of it.

1611784989092.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads