• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.5 mile recovery today. 8:35 pace.

A full week of activity for me. Managed either a ride or a run everyday. Body is a bit tired but overall feels good. Maybe I will do something tomorrow depending on the weather but otherwise looking forward to a a day or two rest.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t used any gel or liquid nutrition during workouts in ages, but I did use some back in the day.

My favorites were Heed, Clif Blocks, GU and Perpetuem.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good insight on the SIS products guys, thank you, I will likely give them a go. I had been curious but had no real reason to try anything new...Now I’m just seeing if there’s anything really exceptional out there. Luckily, I don’t experience much GI distress — I could eat a gas station burrito on the run.

For me, going beyond 90 minutes without fuel starts adds time to recovery, so I’ve been running with a vest on my weekly long runs. Definitely notice a difference the days after.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8.0 miles yesterday morning. It wasn’t too bad out there, temps were in the low 30s, but there were a few slick spots on the road leftover from Friday’s misty rain.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Keeping my streak alive, I went on a caloric-positive walk with the family to get doughnuts at Dynamo. I had caramel de sel, caffeine crunch (streusel over an espresso glaze), and Arnold Palmer (black tea glaze with lemon icing).

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
45min on the Peloton yesterday.

For fuel, I only think about it during the summer on longer efforts. For my 12 miler Friday, it was 2 hours with just some water. I tend to use solid foods with salt these days so Macadamia nuts, goldfish crackers, peanut butter pretzels, or something of that nature that also fills my stomach. For fluid, I started on apple juice and adding salt and it is delicious! Ice cold and refreshing. The issue though is leaving some in the bottle for a couple of days....do not recommend just filling with water.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Did a new eight mile stretch that is nothing but uphill. Bad choice to make today the day to try it, as wind was unusual and coming out of the west, so I had all eight miles uphill and directly into a 10-15 mph wind. Bah. Beautiful scenery though.

1611003783892.png

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1 hour base run — 7.2 miles, 8:26 avg pace, 142bpm HR (ot enough time to digest my food. Always pops my HR up.)

Made significant progress on my posterior tibial tendonitis. Turns out I wasn’t able to effectively target the swelling ice packs, so I fully submerged my lower leg in ice water. I could only stand about 15 minutes, but an hour or so later I went out for my easy miles and felt so much better. Went from a 3/10 pain to .5. I’ll be keeping the volume around 55mpw - I think crossing over into the low 60’s is what did me in. Just not ready for that threshold of volume yet.

F03AD128-8AF5-4A5F-B2CD-4DB2C4FE0DF4.jpeg

Coach supervision during treatment. Water was the right temp I’m told.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10.9 miles today with a mix of greenway and trails. Felt great the whole time. Since I am employed again my daytime runs will be reserved for weekends so I am back to nights.

Also got a new phone and now my Garmin will not pair. Garmin has the worst interface and BT tech but people keep using them...I’ll figure this out one way or another.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Dusty Heaters The below-the-knee ice bath was my go-to after long runs. I found the ice packs overly fiddly, and the wastebasket full of icy water was so much more effective.

Big day for me, just under 65 miles between the trainer and the road. My buddy who is on the road to recovery from a broken leg and broken heart invited me to ride, but was concerned that his reduced fitness would be an issue. I had a sprint interval session on the calendar as part of my training plan, so I decided to do that first, then rode up to Mill Valley to meet him. All went to plan, and we had a good ride at a pace that worked for both of us.

CA22EB8B-FCCA-413A-835F-4D883FEEF7DC.jpeg
8C400395-CBEA-439E-B73A-2DB76036A0C7.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
11.11 miles this morning at an 8:54/mile pace. The route was an out-and-back and the first half is nearly entirely uphill with about 600' of climb. Looking at my splits, I averaged about 9:20/mile on the way out and around 8:40/mile on the way back home.

Temps were in the upper 20s with a windchill in the lower 20s when I kicked off but the wind was howling as soon as I stepped out of my garage. I could really feel it cutting through me!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finished a four mile trail run at 11:30 PM. The temperature was 20, with a feels like temp of 16. This was the most sluggish I’ve felt on a run in a long time. Between the cold and being tired and needing to poop, this one was rough. But running back down the hill towards the setting waxing crescent moon made it feel magical.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads