• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
11 mile ride yesterday morning in just over an hour.

5 mile run last night at 9 minute pace.

Got the best of the day’s weather during my ride. 50 but with a stiff wind. Temps dropped during the day so run was in 30 degree weather, also with a stiff wind ha.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6 miles this morning with 4 of them at the track doing 100m, 200m, 400m pyramids up and down. It was a little slick around the turns where the snow had blown across the blacktop and iced over in spots overnight but otherwise not too bad. Today was my first day out in my Nike Air Pegasus Zoom "Shield" and these ones actually have considerably more grip than the pair I bought a couple winters ago so that was a pleasant surprise.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Woke up this morning and the wind was howling. I looked at a few weather sites and they all assured me I had 0-5 mph winds...as I watched the trees outside blowing around. Well, I went out, but it was miserable. Steady 10-15 with gusts in the range of 30, and I swear to god, it shifted so about 75% of the ride was into the wind!

1606938092418.png

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snow/rain arrived late last week and ran through the weekend numbering the days of trail I'll have left for the season. Conditions are pretty muddy around here but hopefully the freeze provides some opportunity in the coming days.

Set out for my hill workout yesterday but bailed. I run hot and despite my better judgement, wore a long-sleeve and half-tights in sunny conditions around upper 30's. I was broiling by the end of my warm-up.

7.42mi @ 7:42 pace, 146bpm, 554ft of gain. Managed to grab the crown by 5s on a hill segment. (.38mi, 4% avg grade, 6:05 pace)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Short ride today. About eight miles in I noticed something "stuck" to my tire and stopped to look. A big thorn sunk in deep. The tire was holding air so I turned around and carefully road home.

1607104969289.png

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5.5 miles last night with the trail group used to run with. The group does a good job at spreading out and I decided to just run out front in clean air. There was a group of 4 of us together with what I thought was 0.8 miles left but it was really 1.3 miles. Felt good to push it since I haven't had any races this year.

Also decided to sweep a friends race she is putting on this weekend. I'll pick up flags and support those at the back. Only 6 miles and usually decent runners show up so it shouldn't be too bad.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went for a walk this morning and was planning on taking the day off from running today but I had a long, stressful day at work so I decided to change my clothes and get out for a quick run to help relax when I was done. 4.5 miles at 7:15/mile pace.

I don’t get to run in the afternoon or early evening often but when I do I find I almost always have a pretty fast pace. That must be about my optimal time of day to get out there.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love running in the cold and my performance is substantially better. 32, sunny, light wind — wore half tights and a tank top.

18 miles at 7:38/mi @ 143bpm. First half at my base pace and second half progressive splits. Feeling really good — not tired or sore at all. Things are looking up, knock on wood.

50B87853-C8E8-4BFD-9360-C6AE2019218E.jpeg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love running in the cold and my performance is substantially better. 32, sunny, light wind — wore half tights and a tank top.

18 miles at 7:38/mi @ 143bpm. First half at my base pace and second half progressive splits. Feeling really good — not tired or sore at all. Things are looking up, knock on wood.
giphy.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics