• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Today is weights (which have already been completed.) Using Strava to plot a course for tomorrow that will be 100% on paths as I ain't exposing myself to Black Friday traffic!

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We usually do a local turkey trot, but COVID killed it this year. So, we organized a race with a few of our neighbors.

Started the morning off with a 1K for the kids. Had 6 kids participating. My son finished first, so needless to say I was pretty proud.

Then we got together with a few other couples and did a 5K. Clocked that in at an 8 min/mile pace.

Great morning followed by even better food cooked by my wife.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
A wimpy little ride just to get the blood pumping today.

1606501287125.png

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a rainy week here and the conditions once again spoiled my trail plans. Rather than add in a road ‘workout’ I bumped the distance of my base runs by a mile — All around the same ~8 minute pace and around 135-138bpm HR.

Today I set out for my longer run of the week and made it a bit progressive on the way back. 15 miles at a 7:45/mi average pace. No water, fuel, or stops. Plenty left in the tank. Can’t complain.

8B721002-C306-4555-ACEC-8CD5ADFDCE31.jpeg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
14.6km (9 mile) easy pace (target = 5:15/km), result: 1:15:50, or 5:12/km (8:22/mile). The only real problem was that the backroads around here are all sticky after the recent snow and rain, the kind of sticky mud that comes off in strips and sticks to the soles of your shoes, which doesn't make for easy going.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I joined two Strava challenges for December, 600k and 7500 metres of climbing. I think both are a bit of a stretch, with the 600k probably being more doable of the two, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got an hour on the Peloton today. Anyone following Killian Jornet’s try at the 24hr distance record. Currently something like 303km and he is on pace to get above is by quite a bit. A couple other people with a shot but still 15hrs to go

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got an hour on the Peloton today. Anyone following Killian Jornet’s try at the 24hr distance record. Currently something like 303km and he is on pace to get above is by quite a bit. A couple other people with a shot but still 15hrs to go

Didn't quite pan out for him. Dizziness, they said. Not sure why that would be - bad feeding strategy or... let's hope it's not coronavirus.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bit over 15 miles this morning at 8:19/mile pace. I was only planning to run about 12 but I took a route into a particular neighborhood in the reverse direction than I normally do and I got a little turned around on a couple long, windy dead end roads in there.

it was chilly today too with temps around 25° but it was crisp and bright and there was no breeze so it wasn’t really that bad.

I managed to set some PRs today: 15k (1:13:45), 10 miles (1:19:32), 20k (1:40:33), and half marathon (1:46:32)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics