• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10.75 miles this morning at an overall pace of 8:02/mile. I did ten 800 meter intervals in the middle of the run and averaged about 3:40 for each then kept myself under 8:00/mile for the final 2+ miles home.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I did the thing where you are like five minutes from heading out and then didn't. A couple of things have me disgruntled, like my hot tub heater wouldn't fire up last night, and I just said, "*******." I'll try again tomorrow. Part of it is I know I'm done working for a few months as of Tuesday so I'll have a ton of time to cycle and I just wasn't in the mood this morning.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8.6k (5 1/3) steady run this morning straight after getting up but I forgot to drink any water before I went out and I felt sluggish the whole way. This was the same route as my Tuesday easy run, and 4:46/km (7:40/mile) was well below my intended pace (4:30/km). I guess I shouldn't expect too much in the first week after almost 3 weeks out.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.65 mile trail run today with a friend. 11:25 pace overall. Two loops of the 3.3 mile course so got to do double the climbing! 900 feet total elevation. Absolutely beautiful morning for running.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rainy weekend here. Ruined my trail plans. Decided to run an ‘equal effort’ 13.1 on the roads and jazzed it up by wearing the New Balance super shoe for the first time. Came through in 1:34 for the half and feeling really good about that given my current base and perceived effort. Keep er movin.

56458227-25EF-42DE-8D04-4EEE7B46B4CF.jpeg

E4D8279A-1ACC-451C-A604-582EEA81979D.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stayed up later than I planned last night to see a ****** Michigan team scrape a win out against Rutgers… but we need 3ot to make it happen. This team is a disaster!

Even with the late night I did get in 7.7 miles this morning though and it was the first run of the season with some real snow falling. I had t grab my sunglasses and put in my clear frames to keep the flakes from stinging my eyes.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Not my longest effort but best average speed yet and that's with heading directly into the wind for probably 17-20 miles. Slowly but surely getting some fitness back.

1606067687803.png

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anybody who runs in snowy or wet areas, Nike.com has a few pair of the Air Zoom Pegasus Shield 36 marked down to $54

I’ve used the Pegasus Shield for the past few falls and winters and they are probably the most waterproof of the waterproof running shoes I’ve tried. If they offered a pair with some meatier tread on them, they’d be the perfect winter shoe

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads