• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The aging disease strikes.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it’s good to push through it and sometimes it’s good to push the eject button. Everyone has those days / weeks.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 and change with ~800ft of gain on some technical single track yesterday. By single track I mean glorified game trails that aren’t maintained...but that adds to the fun! Hard effort and took home another trove of top 10’s including a new KOM.

BB705D38-9727-4FDF-897B-A44D18A80A97.png

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a silent lurker on this thread for a while, and as someone whose primary form of fitness over the last decade has been lifting as opposed to running/biking, I just have to pipe in and say thank you to you guys for your commitment and inspirational dedication to your routines. It's energizing to pop in every morning and see guys - especially older guys - putting in the work.

Going to start logging deliberate miles this F/W.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
12.8 miles this morning at 8:33/mile pace. As of this morning, I've passed my 2,020 mile goal for the year.

The highlight of this morning's run was running past a house a few blocks from mine and seeing some seemingly nice chairs at the curb for garbage day. I slowed down to check them out and they were some pretty sturdy 1950s side chairs - something I've been wanting to find for our dining room!

I wasn't even a mile into my run so I considered turning around to get my Jeep and bring them home but I figured my wife wouldn't be happy so I decided that if they were still there on the home stretch of the run then I could take them. They were there! So I got home and got in the Jeep and drove back over. I had to wait forever to make a left out of our neighborhood and get into their neighborhood and I saw the garbage truck turn down the street from the other direction. Oh no! The house with the chairs was only a few houses in. Traffic finally cleared for me and I turned onto their street and saw the garbage truck picking up the trash only a house away from my destination. Luckily, the truck seemed to stop for a moment so I was able to zip around it, turn on my hazard lights, and pull off to the side just in time as the garbage truck pulled up behind me. I got my chairs and the truck driver laughed as I gave him a thumbs up.

My wife was less amused with my garbage picking treasure hunting (as she always is), but she actually sort of likes the chairs so it looks like we can keep them... after the expiration of a 2 week quarantine period in the garage that she has mandated.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Michigan Planner any races on the horizon? if/when they are allowed

I was going to run the international half of the Detroit Free Press Marathon a few weeks ago but that was canceled. Nothing else is on the immediate horizon but I’m keeping an eye out for a local 5k or 10k to run this winter.

If it occurs in 2021, the only big thing on my radar is the Marine Corps Marathon. I haven’t run it in a few years and I’d like to do it again.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
12.8 miles this morning at 8:33/mile pace. As of this morning, I've passed my 2,020 mile goal for the year.

The highlight of this morning's run was running past a house a few blocks from mine and seeing some seemingly nice chairs at the curb for garbage day. I slowed down to check them out and they were some pretty sturdy 1950s side chairs - something I've been wanting to find for our dining room!

I wasn't even a mile into my run so I considered turning around to get my Jeep and bring them home but I figured my wife wouldn't be happy so I decided that if they were still there on the home stretch of the run then I could take them. They were there! So I got home and got in the Jeep and drove back over. I had to wait forever to make a left out of our neighborhood and get into their neighborhood and I saw the garbage truck turn down the street from the other direction. Oh no! The house with the chairs was only a few houses in. Traffic finally cleared for me and I turned onto their street and saw the garbage truck picking up the trash only a house away from my destination. Luckily, the truck seemed to stop for a moment so I was able to zip around it, turn on my hazard lights, and pull off to the side just in time as the garbage truck pulled up behind me. I got my chairs and the truck driver laughed as I gave him a thumbs up.

My wife was less amused with my garbage picking treasure hunting (as she always is), but she actually sort of likes the chairs so it looks like we can keep them... after the expiration of a 2 week quarantine period in the garage that she has mandated.
So now your car will have cooties?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to run the international half of the Detroit Free Press Marathon a few weeks ago but that was canceled. Nothing else is on the immediate horizon but I’m keeping an eye out for a local 5k or 10k to run this winter.

If it occurs in 2021, the only big thing on my radar is the Marine Corps Marathon. I haven’t run it in a few years and I’d like to do it again.

I had plans to start doing XC next year (and possibly ultras)... but there is absolutely nothing scheduled round here for the foreseeable future. I guess my club's race program is still 'there' if we're allowed to run but I can't see any events that will attract crowds being allowed until vaccination is widespread.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had plans to start doing XC next year (and possibly ultras)... but there is absolutely nothing scheduled round here for the foreseeable future. I guess my club's race program is still 'there' if we're allowed to run but I can't see any events that will attract crowds being allowed until vaccination is widespread.
Can you not do a time trial-style event with scheduled start times for your local club? I imagine your island can't have that many people. Or are you talking about your club in Japan?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My April 2020 race (Colfax Marathon in Denver) has been rescheduled for a third time now. First it was October, then it was changed to April ‘21, and now it’s been moved to October ‘21. We’ll see...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
If I don't drink too much tonight Imma push for my first 50 mile ride since getting back into it. Hard to believe it was just Labour Day weekend when I ended my 25 or so year hiatus.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you not do a time trial-style event with scheduled start times for your local club? I imagine your island can't have that many people. Or are you talking about your club in Japan?

My local club is based in the nearest town on the mainland - and the answer is, I don't know if they might go that way with races. I think everyone had been hoping it would be over by next year - I'm not even sure how it's going to be decided.

As for Japan, I'm not sure when we'll be able to go back. We were due to return in April but it doesn't look possible right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads