• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hit some new trails today as I put the bike in the back of the Mercedes so I could drop off the lease return at the dealership. I mourned the douchemobile all the way home. :(

1604170583823.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 miles, with temps in the upper 50s. I ran almost the same loop as yesterday, without the pavement at the beginning and end. I was heading out to run errands, so just stopped at the trailhead to run.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Just looking at the segment on Strava that I hate the most, namely, the final climb back up to my hood. Today was my longest total ride to date and I made the climb in that segment 38% faster than my initial efforts. Still slug like on climbs but making marked improvements.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I woke up at 4:00 a.m. to the wind howling outside and couldn’t get back to sleep. I thought about going for a run nice and early but checked the weather and could see that a band of heavy rain was on its way so I puttered around the house for a bit and the rain was done by about 5:30 so I worked out and then went for a 10.3 mile run.

The rain was done and the temps were in the mid 40s but the wind was still gusting to 25+ mph. I’m glad I got my run in early though as the temps dropped down to the low 30s by about 10:00 a.m., s ow was blowing around, and it was still just as windy.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
28 miles this afternoon. Went out for a socially distant gravel ride for my neighbor's 50th. I have lost the fitness I gained during my furlough, and it was a sufferfest. The cherry on top was three flats. Word to the wise: They don't adhere to gradient restrictions on trails. :)

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.5 miles with my daughter in the stroller yesterday morning. We went out about an hour before a pretty big system rolled through so quite windy but temps in the 50s. 8:15 pace only because we were with the wind for about 4 of those miles.

Yesterday was supposed to be marathon Sunday in New York. While I don’t run marathons anymore, at least not in the past 6 years, I absolutely love the race and it’s one of the best days for the city. Not having that was a very stark reminder about how many of those collective feel good things have been removed from our lives.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.3 miles this morning with temps around 28° when I kicked off. I actually slipped on a little bit of ice in one spot! I saw it as I approached (maybe 100 yards from my house and the end of my run) and thought to myself, "Oh, that patch of blacktop around the storm drain looks a little frosty!" I could have easily ran around it but figured it was just a little frost. Nope, it was ice. Luckily I didn't hit the deck.

In other running news, an ongoing construction project that had the road and sidewalks closed on the mainroad through our downtown since early spring finally wrapped up this weekend which means I no longer have to zig zag through a couple side streets and the downtown park on my Monday morning 10k. Doing all of that always seemed to slow me down a little bit.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
5.5 miles with my daughter in the stroller yesterday morning. We went out about an hour before a pretty big system rolled through so quite windy but temps in the 50s. 8:15 pace only because we were with the wind for about 4 of those miles.

Yesterday was supposed to be marathon Sunday in New York. While I don’t run marathons anymore, at least not in the past 6 years, I absolutely love the race and it’s one of the best days for the city. Not having that was a very stark reminder about how many of those collective feel good things have been removed from our lives.
I've done NYC twice, and it's incredible. Both times, the only places the roads were not lined with spectators were the bridges. No better way to see the city.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got in one red loop on Saturday then shut it down. It was a perfect fall day which meant the trails were packed with hikers and on/off leash dogs. Add to it some left leg pain that wasn't bad just an annoyance. Yesterday was a big 0. So with that I have decided not to run my 50Ks this year.

I am going to change up my running and add more cycling (Peloton) then figure out this weight and strength situation without going to the gym. I realize running long distances is not really helping my longevity and add to it, my body is just rubber band tight all over except my legs. Yes, I can run pretty easily but my back just feels like one wrong move and something will strain.

So this week, I am going to run with my old trail group. If I am running less, I might as well run with people, socially distanced of course. I will then shorten my runs and add it various stretching things. Peloton has a lot of various courses and such so I am going to look into those. Lastly, I need to find my kettle bell and medicine ball which disappeared during the move. They are somewhere...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads