• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
16.3 miles and 2,900 ft gain on the trails. Could have went another lap with my legs but was chilled due to the rain and my hands were ice cubes so I stopped a lap short. Today I am thinking of the flat Greenaway to put some miles down on tired legs then another big trail day next weekend where I hope for 20

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Just a little 10 mile recovery ride today to help the legs clear. If I'm not to lazy today it's time to wash, decrease, and lube dat chain.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8 miles @8:09 pace today. Longest run since I did the Virtual Boston. First 4 miles were with the family pushing the Bob, and the remainder was solo. After training alone for the races I have done, I had forgotten how nice it was to do easy runs with the family.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Days like today, I wish I had a fat bike...

F6965CEA-3667-434E-AEC6-7BE9A9F6D965.jpeg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did finally get our for a longish run... my wife decided to get my son out on his bike, so they both cycled the same 21.6km out and back route. It was fine getting there, but as we didn't even start until 3:30pm, it started to get really cold on the way back (it's already dark by just after 6pm here) and my son wasn't too happy. Neither was I for that matter. I was running 5:20/km (8:34/mile) pace for the first half, but 5:39/km (9:06/mile) for the second. Total time: 1:58:30. We had scones and hot chocolate when we got back.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7.3 miles this morning at a relaxing 8:53/mile pace. It put me at 50.9 miles for the week. My goal for the rest of the year is 50 miles each week.

I wore a new pair of running tights this morning from RaceReady. They were pretty good with a nice amount of compression without being to restrictive. The important part was that there was no chafing or irritation.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
16 miles today on the greenway at an 8:21/mi pace. Legs were tired from yesterday and was feeling it in the last mile or so. Overall happy with these 2 days of effort, just need something 20+ next week to feel ready. Weather is looking perfect this weekend for some runs.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Managed to hit the track yesterday and today and put in decent times on my 200m and 400m. I hit about 65.0 seconds on the 400 which I haven’t been able to hit the past few months on Saturday and 28.3 on the 200m into a headwind on the straight today.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran my normal Monday morning 10k today at a relaxed 8:06/mile pace. When I finished up, I turned around and ran the same route in reverse at an 8:07/mile pace.

Usually when I do these 2 10ks in on a Monday morning, my first one is closer to 7:45/mile pace and the second is a much slower 8:30/mile (or slower) pace. I was aiming for a negative split between the two runs today but didn't want to sandbag the first one. I didn't quite hit it but I was pretty close. Maybe next Monday...

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dismal, 2ºC, wind and wet snow this afternoon, so of course I went out for a steady run to the head of the island and back (13.2km / 8 1/4 miles)! Well, if I'm going to run through the winter this year, these are not going to be anywhere near the worst conditions I will run in.

I thought there wasn't much wind on the way out, but my speed said otherwise. I hit the halfway point in 30:05 or 4:33/km (7:19/mile), and then turned and... boom! There was snow driving into my face and chilling everything down fast. I had to put a lot extra in just to stay near the pace I wanted to be. The good thing was that it almost felt warm every time there was some relative shelter, before I was back out into it again. The return leg was 31:08 or 4:43/km (7:36/mile), for a total of 1:01:13, 4:38/km (7:27/mile), which was inside my target pace, which in the circumstances was quite surprising.

Not coincidentally I was running in my Bostons again, and my feeling about how they would do in the wet was definitely proven - the grip was unrelenting underfoot however wet or slick it was. These are great shoes and they seem to like it when you push them.

Last edited:

SophieWaggner83

Reaction score
oh i run pretty much (at least 5 miles) but it takes me a long time. because I have a breathing problem and a chest deformity, so very soon I just start to choke. If I run a little, then everything is fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads