• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm just back in the game and decided to get a Wahoo Bolt for my bike as it was only $200 and I liked the form factor very much. Garmin seems industry standard but Wahoo appears to be making huge inroads.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Best I can tell, Wahoo started with cycling indoor trainers before offering a simpler, cheaper alternative to Garmin head units. The heart-rate monitors work with a variety of apps on your phone, so I imagine that's why you're seeing more of them.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We may not have much in the way of hills on the island, but we have wind. Oh yes, we have wind. Today it was warm but the wind was punishing... and coming straight at me most of my outward leg. Unfortunately running isn't quite like cycling where the wind can almost push you home on its own, but it did help on the return leg.

24.4km again (just over 15 miles) at easy pace, so 2:15:47 or 5:34/km (8:56/mile) average, however the splits tell the story better: the outward leg was 1:10:41 or 5:48/km (9:20/mile) pace, but the return was 1:05:06 or 5:20/km (8:34/mile) pace. Actually the return leg was a little slower than last week, probably because I was knackered after running into the wind for 12km, but overall it was a little faster and I feel a lot better afterwards than I did last week.

Oh and 54m (177ft) ascent for those interested in the very minor variations in terrain we have here!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
tenor.gif

Four glasses of wine last night and the old body told me at mile six to turn around so I got in 12. The aging disease has struck again. I remember those days when I could drink until 3a, get up at 6a and doing a manual labour job all day, then go party again until 3a, rinse and repeat. Now four glasses of wine and a 9:30p bedtime are apparently too much for me.

:(

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9.4 miles yesterday morning at 8:22/mile. I ran past the site of the Friday house fire. Even with quite a bit of rain on Saturday, the smell of the burnt house was pretty strong (I can only imagine how the smells are out West where the big wildfires are).

1603114039339.png

6.3 miles this morning at 7:34/mile.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 trail miles with the dogs. I’m keeping the pace slow as I build the miles up again. Temps in the mid 60s and an AQI of 70.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi.

I did 9.3 today. Yesterday was like 4. Last week I logged four days on the road and about 30 miles.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7.5 total yesterday. woke up and felt like i wanted to run so 4.5 in the morning at 8 minute pace. then 3 miles in the evening at a 9:30 minute pace followed by my normal strength workout.

hadn't done a double in a while and legs are feeling it a bit this morning.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Got held up by work at the end of the day, and I missed my window to ride. Out early this morning instead for 16 mi. Misguidedly chose a route that started with a steep hill and crammed in almost 2000 feet of climbing in the first ten miles. It was a slog. Finally got in the zone and it was time to head home for work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A2530D68-8491-4F86-91CC-F024B3E9D3AC.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.3 miles this morning at an 8:24 pace. My first mile was pretty slow at about 9:15 but I was able to keep it a bit faster after that.

I also got in some pull-ups (6 sets of 7 reps) and 100 dips and 50 air squats after the run.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads