• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Had to get a new windshield installed this morning and they need it for a couple hours due to camera recalibration. Luckily it's a three minute ride to get on some nice trails. Through two golf courses (one has held multiple PGA events and it's extra gorgeous,) up to a farmer's market where I had a coffee, and some beautiful scenery. When I got back the car was ready to go. Easiest service visit ever.

1601141273320.png

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to get a new windshield installed this morning and they need it for a couple hours due to camera recalibration. Luckily it's a three minute ride to get on some nice trails. Through two golf courses (one has held multiple PGA events and it's extra gorgeous,) up to a farmer's market where I had a coffee, and some beautiful scenery. When I got back the car was ready to go. Easiest service visit ever.

View attachment 1465875

That sounds like a lot more productive service visit than mine normally are. My dealership is a couple blocks from one of the best ice cream places in Metro Detroit so when I drop my Jeep off for work, I usually walk over and get a sundae or a few scoops of sugar and fat.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Another 20 miles on the bike yesterday, which gets me to about 55 miles for the week and 4,500 feet of elevation gain.

Now if only I could do that in a single day...

The city has closed a bunch of streets to non-local vehicle traffic, so it’s possible to string together a pretty long ride without having to share the road with cars much at all. I’ve been enjoying that little upside to the apocalypse.

It feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!
View attachment 1465070
Oh yeah. My wife is not a fan of my tights. Nothing is left to the imagination.

First ride of the week. Don’t let Strava fool you, there was easily 10 feet of elevation change per lap. ?

View attachment 1465626 View attachment 1465627
Where dis?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3.1 miles with the dogs. I tweaked my lower back a few days ago carrying my son (aggravating an existing injury). This run was slow, but it’s always good to stretch the legs. Temps in the mid 80s.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3.1 mile cross country race this morning. Overall time was 23:30, 7:37 pace.

Frankly I’m really disappointed in this haha. It’s a hard course (all of
mile 1 and half of mile 2 is uphill) but even with the anticipated 2 minute buffer to your time I’d still would have liked to been faster. I’ve been battling a migraine the past few days and this morning I just felt so lethargic. I wish I could have gotten myself in a better state but just wasn’t there. Good news is I have 2 other races in the next month to improve. Gotta start somewhere right?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Where dis?
Buttonwillow Raceway Park. It's on I-5, about 30 minutes from Bakersfield. First California Lemons race of the year because COVID. Having a grand old time!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
1601227209830.png

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
11.11 miles this morning at 8:15/mile pace. New PRs for 10 miles and 15k.

I felt like I had quite a bit left in the tank at the end so I probably could have pushed myself a bit more.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No run today, but we did something way more fun. This was my 3-year old’s first time climbing. My niece climbed as well, and the kids loved it. I climbed twice, to put up the anchor, and to take it down. This is Crown Rock on Flagstaff Mountain. The line probably is 4th class to a 5.6 or so finish (I finagled a line that felt like maybe 5.9).

D64AA38F-129A-4A8E-8D70-D0DE0429ED23.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
That's pretty cool. @otc is a climber too.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 miles this morning. Didn’t time myself by gauging by the time I left and the time I came back I was just under sub-7 pace. Then spent the remainder of the day at the beach and a brewery. Great transition to the work week.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ran a steady 4 laps of my 1.4km mini-XC course today, first time out in a week, and nothing tweaked, hurt or pulled. I should have been running this as a race this weekend (or last) but I'm not taking any chances right now.

Total: 5.6km (3.5 miles), total time: 25:40, which is 4:35/km or 7:22/mile.

The good news is that the laps got faster every time, the first was 6:44 and the last exactly 6 minutes, and I felt like I could have kept up that pace for pretty much as long as I wanted.

I'm going to pretend the break never happened in terms of my gradual distance increase in my long runs. So my next run will be 21.6km. I'll still keep it relatively slow.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Got my NY Day half century route tentatively planned. The big stipulation (my own arbitrary one of course) is that I ride off from the casa meaning I have to deal with the climb and also the recently done tar and chip for the four miles up and down. That surface creates so much rolling resistance I swear it's double the wattage smooth blacktop requires. I have to go up on a packed dirt path for a very short way to get around the gates to our 'hood. I swear it's got half the rolling resistance of the damn road.

So, since it's a loop, I can ride parts of it prior to the attempt of the whole. I think I can do this in three months prep time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics