• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Couldn’t pull myself away from the computer, so only 12 miles yesterday. Included the slightly downhill drag down Oak St. from GGP to the end of the Panhandle amidst the cars. I averaged almost 29 mph, so I actually passed several cars along the way. ?

F58C82E1-E156-4DC8-B12B-907F884FD24F.jpeg
7CA8C8E5-25F6-4FFF-87DC-BBFBF361BB41.jpeg

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had resolved to get out every day that the air is clear for next little while, but I had forgotten about a school-related call at 5 o'clock. With the earlier sunset, I missed my window. None miles.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 easy miles last night at 9:20 pace to shake our the body soreness. felt much better by the end of the run. sneaky humid last night though this weekend looks to be fantastic (low 60s no humidity) so excited to get a bit of a longer run in.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20.1 miles this morning and according to the thermometer outside my garage, it was about 45° when I stepped off.

Wednesday's 20-miler that stayed close to home got only about 300' of elevation. This morning's run, which primarily went around some small lakes in neighborhoods further west, got closer to 1,000' of elevation.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to do some long distance jogging last night. I can't jog for ****. After about 10 minutes (a little over a mile) I was winded. I did a bunch of jogging for a while and then walking for probably like an hour 20 minutes.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Well I was supposed to recce the route for my little 5k XC race replacement. I had this roughly 1.4km circular route through woods and scrub but some of it is a bit obscure in real life and I didn't know if I could actually get through, so I thought I'd do a roughly 10k steady run using this route if I could. I missed an almost invisble turning the first time around and ran an extra 2 or 300m, and decided to run the route in reverse the second time, so I could make sure of the route. Anyway, and perhaps predictably, half way around my left hamstring started to hurt just as it had last month and while I finished the lap, I decided to stop right there.

So, no race replacement. And not much else for a week or so... again.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a few days of long, slow runs earlier in the week I got out for a speedier 10k this morning at 7:34/mile.

It was 39°. My furnace kicked on during the night. I think this might be the earliest in the fall that we’ve use our furnace.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Stomach was a bit off so didn't do as long a ride as I planned. Got 17 miles in though which is my longest since I returned to riding about three weeks ago. If not for the stomach I'm sure it could have been 25 with no stress.

Hit a part of the multi-use path that goes through a development for the retired crowd and found a new hell: late stage boomers with Pedego type E-bikes. Came around a restricted vision curve to find a dozen Boomers completely blocking the path and all having a chat and sip of water. I came to a skidding halt and had a friendly chat that possibly blocking the entire path, exiting a limited vision curve, was not the best plan for a break stop. They all seemed amazed other people might exist in the world but agreed that possibly getting off the path would be safer for them as they might get hurt in a collision.

Okay, Boomers.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stomach was a bit off so didn't do as long a ride as I planned. Got 17 miles in though which is my longest since I returned to riding about three weeks ago. If not for the stomach I'm sure it could have been 25 with no stress.

Hit a part of the multi-use path that goes through a development for the retired crowd and found a new hell: late stage boomers with Pedego type E-bikes. Came around a restricted vision curve to find a dozen Boomers completely blocking the path and all having a chat and sip of water. I came to a skidding halt and had a friendly chat that possibly blocking the entire path, exiting a limited vision curve, was not the best plan for a break stop. They all seemed amazed other people might exist in the world but agreed that possibly getting off the path would be safer for them as they might get hurt in a collision.

Okay, Boomers.

We’ve had similar problems with people on those e-bikes out here:stopping in the middle of paths, riding 2 or 3 abreast, going too fast for the conditions, not yielding the right of way. It seems like the typical rider is somebody who hasn’t been on any sort of bike in 25 years and has forgotten all common courtesy. Most of the cities and trails/parks authorities here now have signs on the paths and multiuse trails explicitly forbidding e-bikes.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the trails near me that I run/walk on prohibit motorized vehicles so only walkers, runners, and regular bike riders are allowed.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10.5 miles today running to pick up my car from my in-laws. I ran this route earlier this summer which was a bear but this was much better due to temps. The park I ran through was packed with people ignoring all parking rules and spacing while doing any activity. Somehow they get pissed when you curtesy yell to get out of the way

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads