• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to do a light week this week because I was so tired on Friday. 3.5 miles today without stopping--except when I heard the (persumed) gunshots 300 feet in front of me.

This reminds me of the time, probably six years ago, that I was riding a famous hill climb in the Bay Area (Old La Honda).I was maybe a half-mile from the top when I heard a very loud pop to my right. Then I could hear a tree crashing down. I sprinted all out for ten seconds and then looked back to see a tree across the road a few yards downhill from where I’d been when I heard the tree fall.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
75 mi yesterday. Rode only once during the week, so it was a workingman’s dash to get into three figures for the week. Did Paradise and China Camp.

90BA61FD-3565-449A-B07A-4BBB2C3DF768.jpeg
58C58DEE-491C-44AB-A8B6-542D34800BEF.jpeg
8206FDE5-16B7-4607-8C7D-54F6079C39D8.jpeg
8D32118A-6799-4444-8A72-3F9130E9574E.jpeg
2F3FE544-2D29-4843-88CD-A68E89A139C9.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I explored a bit further (maybe a mile up) up the trail that I walked last Sunday. So darn good, and I have another aim for a ten mile trail run on the next watershed to the north (these two trails meet a little further uphill). I’m going to carry my fishing gear in on that one too.

8164952D-7A84-4957-B0FB-446FBF98BE6C.jpeg
DF7C36CF-7BF9-4E43-BBD9-A53FF6D5EEFA.jpeg
34C6AD05-1942-4A6A-85E6-CBE44997664A.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran about 7.4 miles yesterday morning and then spent most of the day cleaning out our den (anybody here need some 20-year-old accounting textbooks or a bunch of urban planning literature, GIS manuals, and folders and folders of econometrics models and old forecasts?) and rearranging the furniture in order to fit a new desk in there so I can settle in for more #WFH and my daughter can settle in for 5th grade in there in the fall. :(

I was pretty beat when I went to bed last night and still pretty sore when I got up this morning but I like getting in my Monday morning 10k and didn't want to miss it. I was able to do so today at an overall pace of 7:42/mile.

Work is now done for the day so it's time for a beer and some ribs before we make some s'mores to celebrate National S'mores Day tonight!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4.5 neighborhood loop. No idea the time because I went about a block before realizing "I left too early" and my dog took a long time "deciding where". Also my watch died.

At least today i wasn't caught in gang turfwar crossfire.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went out for a steady 14.6km (9 miles) at 6:30 this morning. My legs didn't feel terrible but it was like running through treacle. I was aiming at 4:45/km (7:39/mile) and I was sort of near that pace until around halfway, but my energy just felt utterly sapped, and I finished on an average of 1:12:35, which is 4:58/km (7:59/mile) pace.

I just checked the weather and apparently although the temperature is 24ºC (75ºF), the humidity is 100% (and has been for a quite a few days) making it feel like 34ºC (93ºF) already (it's not even 9am). I guess that is one reason why I haven't been at all fast recently...

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Went out for a steady 14.6km (9 miles) at 6:30 this morning. My legs didn't feel terrible but it was like running through treacle. I was aiming at 4:45/km (7:39/mile) and I was sort of near that pace until around halfway, but my energy just felt utterly sapped, and I finished on an average of 1:12:35, which is 4:58/km (7:59/mile) pace.

I just checked the weather and apparently although the temperature is 24ºC (75ºF), the humidity is 100% (and has been for a quite a few days) making it feel like 34ºC (93ºF) already (it's not even 9am). I guess that is one reason why I haven't been at all fast recently...
We have rain basically all day for a week in the forecast with all the attendant cloudcover. No change in temps or humidity though. (Aka hot and thick like me n ure mom)

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
last night - 3 miles to the park, strength training, 2 miles home from the park.

i've started to get a small group from the club to join me on my strength days now. since basically everything is cancelled until 2021 a few of my very race oriented friends are now (finally) exploring strength and flexibility as part of their routine. it's been fun getting a group together to work out and also a bit enlightening to see the different strengths and weaknesses we all have.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
11.2 miles this morning at a nice relaxing 9:00/mile pace. It's muggy out there... as if I were living in the jungle.

What's yalls strenght routine

Used to be weight lifting but not anymore.

This. Since my gym has been closed I haven't been doing much in terms of strength training. I get in some push-ups and pull-ups and burpees most mornings and have a couple of dumbbells but there's only so much I can do at home with my limited equipment and I'd usually rather just get running than do more bodyweight exercises.

Just yesterday I was looking at ordering a bigger set of weights and a couple of bars so I can get more strength training in at home.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's yalls strenght routine

i have a number of movements i do, i generally pick 6 to 9 for each workout and do 3 sets of 10 for each. all body weight currently since these are being done outside but most are scalable if you wanted to use a freeweight, kettle bell, or medicine ball at home.

last night was

activation (hamstring, glute, and hip stretches)

3x10
surrenders (standing to squat to knees to squat and up)
curtsy lunges
side plank dips

3x10
pike pushups
spidermans (high plank knees to elbows)
v-ups (first round 10, then 12, then 15)

cool down stretches

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a whole series of free weights and other exercises I do a couple of times a week, which can be shifted based on need. So at the moment I am doing more posterior chain-focused exercises (thanks to an article @Dusty Heaters shared a while back). But I generally do different kinds of squats, deadlifts, lunges and curls with the weights, and push-ups, planks and a whole series of core-focused exercises without (various crunches and leg raises, heel touches, flutter kicks, climbers, butt-ups, side bridges... etc.). With the weights, I do 10-12 reps carefully, paying attention to form. With the exercises, I start with planking for 90 seconds (or more), then generally do 30 seconds of each exercise, followed by a 30 second break, then on to the next, and finish with another 90 seconds of planking (or more). Usually the whole sequence will take 30 minutes max, generally less.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads