• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
@sugarbutch what’s your crosstown route when you head to the headlands?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@sugarbutch what’s your crosstown route when you head to the headlands?
Slightly modified Wiggle:

1596846143463.png

Before they opened up the bike lane on Fell, I was consistently using Hayes above the Panhandle to avoid people. You can see above that yesterday I tried using the bike path in the Panhandle for the return and **** that. I will revert to using Hayes to connect to Scott from the park.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Morning guys. Decided to get my long run in today because I have plans tomorrow.

Set out around 5:45 with the plan to do 16 miles. Weather in the low 60s. No humidity. Decided I wasn’t going to push myself too hard today, but that said, I still wanted to get in a good workout.

Nothing eventful on the run. Really no stops either. Although two quick light pauses where I got a couple stretches in.

I ended up doing a total of 17 miles, 16.5 of which I timed. The untimed half mile was just a nice slow cool down. A little bummed because while I was running I was timing at 6:59/mile, but when I saved the run it recalibrated to 7:00 flat. Still feel good about it though considering I had a couple heavy hills built in and although not as fast as last weeks run this one was certainly much more controlled.

8C44238C-162F-41DD-925D-5EDC5C9046EE.jpeg

Also, long run fit pic:

Ciele Century Hallmark
Brooks Elite Singlet
Nathan Running Belt
Tracksmith Lined Half Tights
Stance Run Uncommon Socks
Saucony Triumph 18s (First run in these!)

25D66625-9F81-4E9B-9DCF-4B4790761CE2.jpeg

And shout out to my amazing wife. When I got home she was waiting for me with my favorite breakfast sandwich from our local deli.

Everything Bagel
Scrambled eggs
Bacon
Cheddar cheese
Garlic cream cheese
E15D6C35-E00C-4353-9DD7-C3B60D5F28A9.jpeg

Last edited:

freehand

Reaction score
Had to bail on a fast 5km yesterday morning. Was aiming for 20 mins or below. First 2km were bang on pace but the third was 4:22. I pushed on the fourth, back to 4:02 pace but was then just spent And couldn’t keep going. Just a bad run and shouldn’t have tried to run to an arbitrary number on the watch if I wasn’t feeling right.

Today was much better. Took loads of water and a flask of gel on a long run. Did a very pleasant 16.5 miles at c.9 on a mix of road and trail.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tracksmith offering their warehouse sale. Some decent stuff at more palatable prices but sizing is limited.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tracksmith offering their warehouse sale. Some decent stuff at more palatable prices but sizing is limited.

I picked up a few pieces yesterday. I like the VC Henley’s. They run TTS.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11.7 miles today around the park. Went right around lunch time so it was warm but not nearly as bad as a couple weeks ago.

total fluid intake was something like 70oz so I wore my vest with bottles and carried 2. This was more of a test to see if I could make the bigger loop without needing a water stop so will do this again tomorrow or do the trail 11.2 miler

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8 blazin hot miles this morning the stroller and daughter. had a friend join up for about 5 miles in the middle. pace averaged 8:40 overall which was pulled down a bunch by a call for "daddy let's do the big hill!" so took the stroller up a 150ft climb then back down.

overall though, felt really good. longest stroller run this year.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had an odd unsatisfying week for me as far as running goes (it has been nice otherwise).

Last Sunday's long run was pretty much on-target, 21.6km (13.5 miles) in 1:57:20, which is 5:26/km (8:43/mile) pace.

My steady run on Tuesday wasn't too far off my 4:40/km (7:30/mile) target: 13.2km (8 1/4 miles) in 1:02:30.

However when I went out to do sprints on Wednesday evening, I just couldn't. I had intended to do 3 pairs of 1000m and 400m, but I just didn't feel like I could run that far, which is really weird. I think it was a combination of heat, running too fast and tight hamstrings. I managed 2 pairs of 400m and 200m and another 400m, and then my left hamstring told me that I should give up and I did.

I did a load of posterior chain exercises and rolling the next day (and later), but because I felt okay I tried to run a tempo on Friday, but that wasn't much good either: it felt like I was trying, but I ran the 8.6km (5 1/3 mile) at a slower pace than the steady run a few days earlier (but there wasn't any hamstring pain).

Then finally, this morning, it was another long run - and first time out in my new Reebok Floatride Energy shoes*. 24km (15 miles) in 2:20:22, which is 5:51/km (9:23/mile) when I should have been on 5:30/km and that should have been easy. The shoes were fine, but I just couldn't get any kind of a pace. I didn't feel bad, just like this was as fast as I was going today.

So something is off.

*I hadn't been intending to buy any more shoes but I found for these $35 USD online and I was curious. I also sold my unused and slightly too small Inov8 Parkrun 240s, which more than covered the cost.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran on Friday and Saturday. My hamstrings are still causing me issues. They feel tight and I'm having trouble getting them loose enough to run my sprints. This is causing my 200m and 400m to be about 2-3 seconds off my PB's I set earlier this summer.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got in a trail loop today with a little extra so something a little more than 11.2 miles. Took close to 80oz of water and had to stop at the nature center to refill with a few miles to go. I know it sounds excessive but my body just sweats so much.

I was not feeling rough after yesterday’s run which gave me hope I can do a few high mileage weeks. Need to get in a solid 20miler over the next month in case my number gets drawn for Barkley Fall Classic if it still goes on. Who knows?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am going to do a light week this week because I was so tired on Friday. 3.5 miles today without stopping--except when I heard the (persumed) gunshots 300 feet in front of me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads