• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, finally got logo option 2. I actually prefer option 2, but here are both.

Option 1

0B5A9908-7201-412A-8150-9AE4CA5F7E29.jpeg

Option 2

D35C509C-8D7A-414F-89A7-88161F4836EB.jpeg

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys, I agree, I like athletic club better. I had already sent her the running club verbiage and, again, since this is all being done for free by a friend of a friend I didn’t want overwhelm her.

Now, today’s run...just got in 7 miles after work. Weather was mid 80s,low humidity, so not too bad. Happy with the run, but left knee is bugging me again. Odd, because mornings it usually feels fine but as the day goes in it feels inflames.

Finally, took delivery of the Saucony Triumph 18s. These things are the real deal. Super bouncy and a very smooth ride. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

28AB54E4-1A58-4E17-9C52-13BCF5CE744C.jpeg
071A1697-A456-4F3A-AA43-51614EBD54C0.jpeg

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So only singlets or t shirts also?

Good question. I am trying to go step by step. First design and then I need to work on production. A lot of places have minimum buys. Not to mention we have to work through brands (Nike, NB, ASICS, etc.) and style (Singlet, racer, t shirt, tech shirt, etc.) of the top we want.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was on the road for 6.4ish but probably walked a mile. My legs were tired.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7 miles last night in my Brooks Launch. Will not be buying more of these and will try something else next time. The goal out of this pair was to get used to something with a lower drop then I could go down another drop which would put me in the 8mm range. That would allow me to try a lot more brands and shoes to find something in the "faster" range. These are a little hard for my liking.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7.25 miles last night when i originally planed for a 10K. felt really really good with great weather in the high 80s but no humidity. pace was bit all over the place with some miles around 8 and some at like 7:40 and some in between, so need to work on a consistent effort. but just a happy run.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8 miles for me this morning @7:37. Felt great running in the cool morning air. Probably low 60s and no humidity.

Plan is to get in 16 miles tomorrow. We’ll see how that goes. Happy Friday to all.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7 miles last night in my Brooks Launch. Will not be buying more of these and will try something else next time. The goal out of this pair was to get used to something with a lower drop then I could go down another drop which would put me in the 8mm range. That would allow me to try a lot more brands and shoes to find something in the "faster" range. These are a little hard for my liking.

i ran in the launch for a while, always kinda seemed like a strange shoe with the 10mm drop but being extremely responsive, like trying to be the best of both worlds but really doing either well. i think you can definitely find something a bit more cushioned shoe at 10 or 8mm that would feel "fast".

running warehouse has a pretty solid filter feature that i use a bunch to help narrow down shoes i might be interested in based on a wide range of criteria whenever i'm trying to find something new.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I set out to run my 5.5 mile loop today, but then I thought I hadnt run my 7.5 mile route in some time, so I went that way. I live in a really hilly area and had the bright idea that I could loop back on the flat part and avoid one of the biggest hills and it should put me at about 10 miles for the day. When I got to 8 miles I thought, "you know, you're about 2 miles from home, and a half marathon is only another 3 miles, you should do that!"

Its important to note at this point that the farthest I have ever run up to this point was 10.1 miles, and that I started running during the last week of April. Still, I finished the run and ended up getting home at 13.32 miles. The mile between 11 and 12 made me realize that I am dumb enough and have bad enough decision making skills that I would be a shoe in for a Senior Advisor Position in the White House...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I set out to run my 5.5 mile loop today, but then I thought I hadnt run my 7.5 mile route in some time, so I went that way. I live in a really hilly area and had the bright idea that I could loop back on the flat part and avoid one of the biggest hills and it should put me at about 10 miles for the day. When I got to 8 miles I thought, "you know, you're about 2 miles from home, and a half marathon is only another 3 miles, you should do that!"

Its important to note at this point that the farthest I have ever run up to this point was 10.1 miles, and that I started running during the last week of April. Still, I finished the run and ended up getting home at 13.32 miles. The mile between 11 and 12 made me realize that I am dumb enough and have bad enough decision making skills that I would be a shoe in for a Senior Advisor Position in the White House...
wrong.gif

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
30 miles after work yesterday, the usual dash for the headlands, but—as Mr. Atlas notes above—sunny and warm(ish). Still windy AF. I am restricted to the streets for the next week because I bent the front wheel on the gravel bike last Friday when I hit a root with one hand off the bars and took a tumble. Fortunately the only damage was to the already wobbly rim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads