• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok so I uploaded my run to Strava and it says my Mile TT was -169ft so more decent than I thought and my time was 5:31 give or take a couple seconds as somehow Strava and Garmin disagree. This also says my 1K PR is 3:18 which gives me no context as I have never looked at that before. I am satisfied with this effort for the heat outside and could maybe drop is slightly with cooler weather but don't know how much.

@edinatlanta - That's 10 miles at an 8min mile pace which is really good. I bet the heat is even worse in Atlanta compared to Nashville.
When you put it that way i knew it seemed wrong and I double checked my watch and it was 1 40. Which is about exactly what ive been running lately. As the song says: the heat is hot. Lalaaaaaaalaaaalalalaaaa.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No running today, but I did go to the climbing gym. They’ve started allowing non-members in, so the place was almost full (new full... 50 person limit). I managed to equal my hardest boulder problem this year (V6), so maybe the rest didn’t hurt all that much.

Its been close to 6 years since I was climbing regularly, so I am fairly certain trying a V6 right now would lead to immediate rupture of several finger tendons...

I do use my hangboard fairly often, but really just for pull ups. Its amazing how quickly your fingers lose the ability to cope with the stresses that climbing put on them. Glad you're able to still pull pretty hard. Enjoy it!

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.5 mile recovery run this morning. 8:20 pace and 150HR. legs felt pretty good, but definitely a bit fatigued as i felt it if i got closer to 8:00 pace.

also used this to test out the new run cannonball run shorts from tracksmith. overall impression is they are not necessary nor should be considered a daily option but seem nice to pull out every so often. i much prefer the session shorts as the material is lighter and those feel like they disappear after about a mile but these felt pretty good. for the times i head down the shore to do a day trip and run or go on vacation to have a "two in one" option is nice.

since this is a fashion forum, lets talk fit. the measurements on the website are hilariously off. i originally ordered a large based on the measurements (said 32"-33", which i normally am, i wear a large in the van cortland and session splits based on same measurements) and these were falling off even if i cinched them as tight as possible, so exchanged for the medium (which is what i wear in the session shorts) and fit is much better. slim but comfortable.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tracksmith stuff reminds of what Rapha did for cycling gear a few years back. Very nice, slightly retro looks, well-made, but very expensive, and in the case of Tracksmith for me, unjustifiably so unless it's on sale, especially since I don't care if it's made in the USA or not.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tracksmith stuff reminds of what Rapha did for cycling gear a few years back. Very nice, slightly retro looks, well-made, but very expensive, and in the case of Tracksmith for me, unjustifiably so unless it's on sale, especially since I don't care if it's made in the USA or not.

i believe only the greyboys are MiUSA now, everything else is china. and i agree it's more expensive than say nike or something especially if you have an outlet around you. and quite frankly like 85% of their stock is "nice to have if you can afford it, but absolutely not necessary."

the session shorts, shirts, and tanks are fantastic though and i'd argue worth the extra outlay. the turnover tights are also quite good.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took this morning off. I woke up around 5:00 a.m. and it was just pouring rain so I went back to bed. I woke up again 90 minutes later and it was raining just as hard so I decided to call this my rest day for the week.

It's still raining now so I'm not even going to try to sneak away for a short lunch run. That's okay though, my lawn really needs it - our front yard has gotten downright crunchy. It's supposed to get hot and humid again later today and then stick around for the next week or so.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its been close to 6 years since I was climbing regularly, so I am fairly certain trying a V6 right now would lead to immediate rupture of several finger tendons...

I do use my hangboard fairly often, but really just for pull ups. Its amazing how quickly your fingers lose the ability to cope with the stresses that climbing put on them. Glad you're able to still pull pretty hard. Enjoy it!

I have a hangboard inside the door of my shed, so I was able to keep some finger strength. My endurance is shot, so I’m guessing leading 5.12 will take a while to get back to. Also, climbing in a mask is extra challenging.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 miles on the trails. I was going to do some fartleks, but didn’t really feel like it, so I just ran at M pace. Temps in the mid 80s, with substantial cloud cover.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love both Rapha and Tracksmith for riding/running. Its probably (definitely) not worth the price, but I like the styling and the products work well for me. Plus this is styleforum...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love both Rapha and Tracksmith for riding/running. Its probably (definitely) not worth the price, but I like the styling and the products work well for me. Plus this is styleforum...

I tend to prefer “race look” cycling clothing. Mostly, I’m in Assos or Panache. Most of my jerseys are from events.

For running, I prefer solid colors. Black shorts and whatever color for the shirt. My favorite shorts are by Arc'teryx and my favorite shirts are from Mammut.

Last edited:

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tend to prefer “race look” cycling clothing. Mostly, I’m in Assos or Panache. Most of my jerseys are from events.

For running, I prefer solid colors. Black shorts and whatever color for the shirt. My favorite shorts are by Arc'teryx and my favorite shorts are from Mammut.
Guessing one of those was meant to be shirts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics