• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im jealous.

(Seriously there's no flat land here. Yes Boulder has worse hills but the continual heat humidity and hills in Atlanta is its own torture).

Where I live is relatively flat overall. There are no moutains or serious hills. However it's also not flat flat. Everything seems to be a slight slope one way or the other. I would prefer it if there were some real hills or even better, mountains but this is Ontario. Actually, thinking about it, the roads are probably flatter on the the other half of the island, but it takes longer to get there first from where I live. Maybe I'dd head over that way when I want to do a 5k or 10k TT

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
12.2 miles this morning. We finally had some rain yesterday afternoon/evening and you'd think that would have cooled things off and pushed out the humidity, but no. It's only made it worse. I did however keep my pace down to 8:32/mile and my HR around 151.

(Seriously there's no flat land here. Yes Boulder has worse hills but the continual heat humidity and hills in Atlanta is its own torture).

I was in Atlanta for a week for work a couple summers ago and would go out running in the mornings and evenings and it felt like no matter which way I was going, I was constantly moving uphill. It's as if the city was planned and laid out by MC Escher.

My next door neighbor moved up here a few years ago to move in with and help take care of his elderly father but he still has a house just outside of downtown in the Ansley Park area and has told my wife and me that we're welcome to it sometime if we ever want to take our kids down there for a few days. After spending a few days in Atlanta, I think us Yankees give it a bad rap but it was really a pretty awesome city.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
12.2 miles this morning. We finally had some rain yesterday afternoon/evening and you'd think that would have cooled things off and pushed out the humidity, but no. It's only made it worse. I did however keep my pace down to 8:32/mile and my HR around 151.

I was in Atlanta for a week for work a couple summers ago and would go out running in the mornings and evenings and it felt like no matter which way I was going, I was constantly moving uphill. It's as if the city was planned and laid out by MC Escher.

My next door neighbor moved up here a few years ago to move in with and help take care of his elderly father but he still has a house just outside of downtown in the Ansley Park area and has told my wife and me that we're welcome to it sometime if we ever want to take our kids down there for a few days. After spending a few days in Atlanta, I think us Yankees give it a bad rap but it was really a pretty awesome city.
The cost of living to quality of life ratio is pretty great although it's becoming much less so thanks to all the film and tech work booming. You can make a decent salary and go ball out for a weekend in new york or wherever but that salary would get you **** in those cities.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also got in 5 miles this morning @7:11 pace. I may do a few more after work, but will see how I am feeling.

Ended up taking the last 3 days off while we were making our way back home to CA from Michigan.

Although I loved the running scenery In Michigan much better, the cooler morning and lower humidity certainly felt much nicer this morning in CA.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kayaking to fishing spots out in the middle of the lake. Great rest day activity...

274440C8-AF9D-4FE1-9610-905407162A48.jpeg
AC45214B-F0FF-44F2-90F9-628F6DB3F3F1.jpeg
A075B98D-0980-410B-9BE1-9BC1754EB539.jpeg

Attachments

• 8DB03020-01E4-49FB-8F2A-2120112B7315.jpeg
    8DB03020-01E4-49FB-8F2A-2120112B7315.jpeg
    403.6 KB · Views: 23

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why? Are you a student or UC faculty or something, that place blows. Lol. I’m up here in Mt. Lookout. I run Lunken/Armleder frequently when I’m not trotting around locally. Also Fifty West fun runs are back every Thursday at 7PM — it’s a good time. I’ll be there tonight.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.75 tonight with the club in another hot soupy environment at 8 minute pace. Felt good during while putting in a solid effort considering the fatigue from the workout yesterday. I’m exhausted now though. Thankful for a rest day tomorrow.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why? Are you a student or UC faculty or something, that place blows. Lol. I’m up here in Mt. Lookout. I run Lunken/Armleder frequently when I’m not trotting around locally. Also Fifty West fun runs are back every Thursday at 7PM — it’s a good time. I’ll be there tonight.

I'm a lifer. My family has been here and Mt. Auburn for 150 years, and my wife and I are building a new house here soon. College kids suck for sure, but not many of them actually live in Clifton. They're all up in Clifton Heights, Uptown and Fairview. Plus, we have amazing restaurants and very few Hyde Park douche nozzles to deal with...

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah Clifton Heights, that’s the area I was originally thinking of. NVM.

Tell me about it, the level of smug, old money, and talentless entitlement in my area is toxic. Not to mention all my neighbors are older than my parents. But I like that they do a good job of keeping the community in check and everyone keeps their property nice.

When I was single, during my first cincy rotation I had a condo in OTR. It was a lot of fun at the time but as I grew a little older and got married (to another marketer at the same company) we wanted to remove ourselves a bit from the small city.

To be honest, I’m just a bitter Cincy hater. If it wasn’t for our mutual love of our employer we’d be out of the Midwest and never look back. I’m holding out for an international assignment in a few years. I refuse to die here.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^well this thread got dark fast.

7.5 miles felt pretty strong during it. Ran faster than i had at any point since my forced week off

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah Clifton Heights, that’s the area I was originally thinking of. NVM.

Tell me about it, the level of smug, old money, and talentless entitlement in my area is toxic. Not to mention all my neighbors are older than my parents. But I like that they do a good job of keeping the community in check and everyone keeps their property nice.

When I was single, during my first cincy rotation I had a condo in OTR. It was a lot of fun at the time but as I grew a little older and got married (to another marketer at the same company) we wanted to remove ourselves a bit from the small city.

To be honest, I’m just a bitter Cincy hater. If it wasn’t for our mutual love of our employer we’d be out of the Midwest and never look back. I’m holding out for an international assignment in a few years. I refuse to die here.

You've summed up the area perfectly...

I'm familiar with your company, though not an alum. I dont think I could pass the personality test :)

I have lived other places, but I grew up here and am biased. My wife on the other hand has lived in 12 cities and loves Cincinnati, and especially our neighborhood. She says she'd love to move back to LA to be near the beach, but everytime we go visit shes reminded that its a terrible place to actually live.

I would probably move back to England if I got the chance, but my wife would miss me since she wouldnt live there! New Zealand is probably our compromise.

When the 'Rona is over, we'll have to get together. I think we might be the only two people on SF in the area...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics