• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.3 miles this morning after my day off yesterday. It was hot out but I tried to take the advice of the guys in @FlyingMonkey's Tokyo club and just go out as fast as I could. It seemed to pay off as I set PRs for 2 miles, 5k, and 10k and finished with a 7:39/mile pace. My previous 5k and 10k PRs were set on the same route a couple Mondays ago. My 5k went from 24:05 to 23:34 and my 10k went from 48:36 to 47:30.

The day off yesterday probably helped but I think pushing myself right out of the gate was what made the biggest difference.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I set PRs for 2 miles, 5k, and 10k and finished with a 7:39/mile pace. My previous 5k and 10k PRs were set on the same route a couple Mondays ago. My 5k went from 24:05 to 23:34 and my 10k went from 48:36 to 47:30.

That's awesome. Well done!

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got in 3 miles Friday in the heavy heat of the evening. It was miserable but wanted a couple of miles. Saturday was a lot of house work to get ready to sell and didn't get a run in. Last night I got in 8.3 miles and felt better.

I have not checked my morning weight in a while but my fully fed weight is now 178lbs which is quite light for me. I will keep an eye out for it to figure out if the weight is fat loss or water loss I have not taken into consideration.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
6.2 miles not great but whatever still getting back after a week off going to try running every weekday this week after @Michigan Planner said he runs like 12 days in a row

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.2 miles not great but whatever still getting back after a week off going to try running every weekday this week after @Michigan Planner said he runs like 12 days in a row

It was 71 days in a row, but who’s counting?;)

FWIW, now that we’re into the hottest part of the summer, I’m planning to take a day off each week.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
31 miles after work today. It was windy as all get out, and the bridge was singing a multi tone song as I rode over it. I thought I’d captured a great video of it, but when I got home I found I had not successfully pressed the record button. ? So, all you get are these two pictures:

7CC23FA5-F9D1-48A8-8639-E3DE3DAD73CE.jpeg
F5C1A729-439E-4AB5-AFD0-EAE88AF3F1E1.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah cycling... I remember when I was in shape for that. This pic was from seven years ago today, at the finish line of the Newton's Challenge Hillclimb (Mount Washington in New Hampshire). That was a beast of a climb, and wasn't the hardest ride we did on that trip. We rode in NH, Maine, and Nova Scotia before flying to Europe to tackle some of the giant climbs from la Vuelta, le Tour, and The Giro.

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 10.53.22 PM.png

freehand

Reaction score
A good day for me today. Ran 5k fast on a local stretch of flat road. Did it in 19:53 which is a new PB and first time under 20 minutes. Splits were 3:54; 4:01;4:03; 4:03; 3:51. Just saved enough for a kick at the finish. Very happy to be getting quicker in my forties!

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah cycling... I remember when I was in shape for that. This pic was from seven years ago today, at the finish line of the Newton's Challenge Hillclimb (Mount Washington in New Hampshire).

Now, that's my kind of cycling (mountain and conditions)! Looks really tough. Haven't done that sort of thing for more than a decade now - that is a scary thought.

I got out for a long-run paced (but not actually long) run this morning, since I didn't do a long run on the weekend. 14.6km (9 miles), at 6:30am and it was already hot. We have an 'extreme heat warning' this week, so I've got to be super careful. I felt a bit sluggish and I didn't feel like I was doing under 6:00/km, so I upped the pace a little bit (really, I didn't feel like I could do that much more today anyway) and by the end, after 6 strides in the last km, the time was 1:22:27 (5:39/km).

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also been feeling sluggish and just not all together the past few days. managed 5 miles on the 4th but that was significantly shorter than what i wanted to do and felt extremely difficult.

took a few days off and eased back into it today. 4.5 total miles with 4 miles at a gradually increasing pace (8:45 - 7:45). the last half mile was "streatpeats" 1 block on, 1 block off. gave me a bit of confidence as i was pretty easily able to hit a 6 minute pace for the on sections.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3.5 miles with the dogs on the local trails. Temps climbed into the upper 70s, well on the way to a high in the mid-90s. But hey, we’re going camping, so cooler weather awaits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads