• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10.8 hot miles this morning with a stop at the track for 11 100 meter sprints and a couple sets of suicide drills back and forth across the infield. Now it’s off to the beach for the 4th and planning to take tomorrow off from running - my first rest day since April 24th.

Also down 2.2 more pounds last week.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did my usual four mile loop. No watch. My glute pain is still there but i realized it isn't a muscular pain.

Now I'm back watching the replay of the 19 peachtree road race. As much as I love running it there's something about watching it. I don't know this is always a slightly wistful holiday for me and this year in particular.

Anyway the men and women set records last year. 27:00 for the men. The wheelchair race set records too.

I don't know I guess I just have a lot on my mind.
Hey man, everything good? Do you need to talk about something?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was supposed to get out this morning, but I couldn't sleep last night so I'm useless today.

Tomorrow morning should have been our island's 5k/10k road race, but like everything else it's been cancelled by COVID-19. I always used to the do the 10k, but the 5k is now part of the local road race series, so that's what I had signed up for. As with the others in the series, I'm going to run it anyway, and this time I can do this on exactly the right route. It's a tough, exposed route with a couple of steep little hills. I'm going to run it early before it gets super hot. If I get some sleep tonight.

freehand

Reaction score
Late night hosting a Zoom quiz last night, with several local beers. Felt pretty tired this morning but 8.5 slow miles (9min +) on some trails sorted me out to cope with doing childcare for the rest of the day. Enjoy your runs this weekend everyone. Might try to get a longer one in tomorrow

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.5 mostly flat trail miles. Temps in the mid to upper 70s. Now, on to yard and house work...

Oh, and I ran 455 miles for the first half of the year...

Last edited:

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven’t posted in a few days. Been busy enjoying the Michigan vacation and trying to stay away from my phone.

Did a 9 mile tempo run on Thursday @6:39/mile pace. Ran at the lake we are staying at. So scenic, wish I could do it every day.

Also got in a 10 mile run this morning @7:58/mile pace. Had some pretty heavy hills on the path I took. But there was a beautiful tree canopy covering the route which made for a pretty serene run early in the morning.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey man, everything good? Do you need to talk about something?
Thanks dude im good just easy to get in an existential funk these days

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got up at 6 this morning and did my solo 5k 'race'. It wasn't that hot yet but still warm and very humid. I was aiming for under 20 minutes, but I knew after the first km that I wasn't going to do that. I don't do that many 5k's but according to the superfast guys in my Tokyo club the secret is to go off as fast as you can and try to sustain that. So I try to do that but I always slow down to around 15-20 seconds/km slower than my first km. Today my first 5k was at 3:50/km pace, which meant I knew that I would be over 4:00/km on average, especially given this course is not flat. And my finish time was 20:24, which is almost exactly 4:05/km. That's actually slower than the 8k solo race I did in May, when I went through 5k in 19:50. But, on the other hand, that was a much flatter course, and this is also the fastest road 5k I've run since 2012, and the best age-graded road 5k I have ever run. So, I'll take it! I'll never be superfast at any distance, but 'pretty good' will do.

Last edited:

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 miles today @6:36/mile pace. Felt great along Glen Lake this morning. My last longer run before we leave tomorrow.

Quick shot of the lake with the Sleeping Bear Dunes in the background.

AEBC093C-0F0D-4809-BF37-20B3F697FCF8.jpeg

Also, a few other shots from the trip.

My post run beer (actually my second of the morning, haha). Felt appropriate given that it does say breakfast in the title.
9198ECDD-FAE2-4C41-AE62-91EF28CB6FA0.jpeg

Morning sunrise while on Lake Michigan.
1BF46130-0F4F-4378-89A1-F8304E8AFF15.jpeg

A Lake Trout I caught that we cooked up later in the evening.

6C83D50F-4CAC-4681-BB7E-42412534309B.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads