• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not running, cycling. I never had any problem running in the UK, but cyclists get a lot of trouble. Tyneside BTW.
It's always tyneside. Name any societal ill and you'll find the genesis in Tyneside.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes. The shoreline of Alcatraz is a sensitive wildlife habitat, so they start just offshore.
Your picture reminded me of a story I read about a race in Norway (I think) which starts with something like a 15m plunge off the back deck of a ship into the fjord—in darkness! They swim to shore, then ride, then have a mountaintop finish for the run/hike.

I may have some of the details wrong, but you get the gist

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your picture reminded me of a story I read about a race in Norway (I think) which starts with something like a 15m plunge off the back deck of a ship into the fjord—in darkness! They swim to shore, then ride, then have a mountaintop finish for the run/hike.

I may have some of the details wrong, but you get the gist

Norseman Triathlon... I considered signing up for that a few years ago, but our travel plans ended up changing.

https://nxtri.com/

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been cat called in years from what I can currently remember. I always joke with my wife I am going out to find sexy in reference to the Justin Timberlake song, "I'm Bringing Sexy Back."

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Norseman Triathlon... I considered signing up for that a few years ago, but our travel plans ended up changing.

https://nxtri.com/

That's looks crazy and just brilliant... and it's all around where we used to go camping every summer when I was 5 or 6 (we lived just outside Oslo back then).

Back to reality:

I did my 13.2km road route to the head of the island and back, but cut short by a few hundred metres so I could dive straight into the lake with my family. So 12.9km (8 miles), steady pace, so 1:04:11 (4:59/km) - usual negative split, first 6.6k to the turnaround in 33:50 (5:08/km), and the 6.3km back in 30:21 (4:49/km). It was hot and very humid but overcast, so at least I didn't have any sun problems, but the conditions were still wearing, and I don't think I would have been able to do much more than this without carrying water (I drank a fair bit before I went out, but didn't carry any).

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ridin’...

1F1B021C-C3CC-4E24-AC12-295F08684442.jpeg
BCA416E2-8273-4FBB-BB18-A56800EBAE38.jpeg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you do anything other than exercise, drink beer and bake?

Of course. I’m a stay at home dad much of the time.

F2E6D18B-9E22-4ADF-B196-A30A37DAC2CA.jpeg

The crux of my 17 mile ride was getting dinner home. This was surprisingly good fish & chips from a food truck based in Laramie, Wyoming.

85EF584E-DB49-4D09-AD08-77A41A5CB953.jpeg

Last edited:

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m glad my odd encounter sparked so much conversation. I would reply to each of you individually, but I tried that in the past and no one seemed to care...So just know that all of your posts sparked joy. Thanks for sharing.

I found a local brewery that hosts Thursday night group runs and I decided to head over. Glad I did, it was a lot of fun, great atmosphere and people.

• 5mi with the group at 8:41/mi, 143bpm.

Then I came back and had a few beers with the crew. Channeling my inner @edinatlanta , I went back out half buzzed for 2 more.

• 2mi at 7:06/mi, 151bpm.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Full buzz or nothing.

4.4 miles. It's so easy to lose strength. May or may not be related to my run.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
12.4 very hot, sweaty miles this morning. I think my shirt and shorts weighed an extra 4 pounds when I was done. It was slow going and primarily out and back and I managed to find close to 600’ of climbing along the route. The way out was the long, slow, steady uphill climb and I was feeling it.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did my usual four mile loop. No watch. My glute pain is still there but i realized it isn't a muscular pain.

Now I'm back watching the replay of the 19 peachtree road race. As much as I love running it there's something about watching it. I don't know this is always a slightly wistful holiday for me and this year in particular.

Anyway the men and women set records last year. 27:00 for the men. The wheelchair race set records too.

I don't know I guess I just have a lot on my mind.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads