• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8 miles for me this morning at a comfortable 7:33 pace. Felt pretty effortless which was nice and tells me I am getting my legs back under me after take a number of rest days over the last couple months. Also helped that weather was great. 60 with dense cloud cover.

Thats a crazy story @Dusty Heaters. Did you ever figure out what the heck led to her breaking down so quickly?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Only 12 easy miles today. I'd planned to ride longer, but a video chat with a former bandmate went long, and then I decided to meet my son who'd been on a socially distant ride with friends in Golden Gate Park and ride home with him.

I don't see anyone else running around here so I don't really have any issues one way or the other, but I have seen quite a lot of women runners writing about how male runners behave, and I've concluded that maybe it's not the best idea to try to chase down some random younger woman you don't know. Just think about how might look and feel from their perspective.

Indeed. To be clear, "rabbit" for me is anyone who is going near or a bit above my pace, male or female. Having someone to chase spurs the effort.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up going back out in the evening for another 5 miles. Cruising along at ~8:12/mi pace with a 140bpm avg HR.

Oh and these spaceships arrived today...

1FFA291D-BA67-4410-A484-9CEB694C9BFD.jpeg
89D566C0-FA0F-469B-AA38-811B970C1F50.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
11.8 miles this morning at an 8:26/mile pace.

My goal for the week was 65 miles and I need 6.8 to get there. The weather was perfect so I stretched it out with another 5 miles and got an even 70.0 miles for the week.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still tapering, so my 'long run' today wasn't very long - just 18.2km (just under 8 1/2 miles). I went out at 6:30am to beat the heat, and it was perfect. We had huge thunderstorms yesterday and hail the size of ball bearings, but today there was that cool 'after the storm' feeling. My legs felt pretty good too, so I decided to make it a fast finish long run, with a big negative split. The thing is that when I got to halfway, the clock was on 49:38, which meant that I was already at an average 5:27/km pace, which is near the top end of my target long run pacing. Nevertheless I gradually picked it up as the temperatures started to rise, and also didn't forget to do the strides I had planned in the last kilometre. The final time was 1:34:27, for 5:11/km overall, with the second half being 44:49 (or 4:55/km). It didn't feel anything like that fast. That's good, I guess...

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can we pick a day--say this Tuesday--where all yall dudes run 3 miles so i can feel superior after running five?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can we pick a day--say this Tuesday--where all yall dudes run 3 miles so i can feel superior after running five?
My May running total was 1 mile, so I'm here for ya, bud.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads