• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7.2 miles this morning with the Yasso intervals and 2:45 of rest between them. According to my HR monitor, I managed to push myself into the anaerobic zone, although only for 6 seconds.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have always enjoyed stories about the East African distance runners. For those interested, thought I would share this.

He runs with my club in Tokyo when he's out there - and he's a really good writer.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8 mile tempo run this morning. 1 mile warm up followed by 6 at tempo and a 1 mile cool down.

Overall pace was at 6:42/mile. The 6 mile tempo section clocked in around 6:23/mile with the fastest mile @ 6:16.

Pushed myself a little harder because weather felt good so figured I wouldn’t let it go to waste. Temps were in the mid 60’s with low 40’s humidity.

FB816492-6CCB-4BDD-8066-0F919BDB5B51.jpeg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder how Garmin figures out VO2 max because I am 2/min mile slower and 55. Also I picked up the Lava Red version but wish they offered other band colors. Almost went with the purple colored 45S because I liked how the colored wrapped around the watch vs. just on the band.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went out for a short tempo today. I missed the cooler weather and it was hot. To be honest, I didn't really enjoy it at all, felt sluggish and I also seem to have done something to my left hamstring. Doesn't feel too serious but it's still something. Maybe I should have only had one day off (or maybe 3).

6.7km (just over 4 miles) in 28:59, which is 4:20/km pace - should have been 4:15 according to Daniels (and my own estimates).

Last edited:

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hottest day of the year thus far and I had a workout planned. Mid-90’s, moderately humid, full sun.

2mi WU, 2.5mi Tempo, 1.8mi CD.

Work miles: 6:55, 6:47, 3:24

As soon as I left my house I knew this was going to suck...but I started to feel a little better after the warm up mile. I stop to do my dynamic stretches and drill routine but I was getting swarmed by mosquitos and aborted. Psychologically that really bummed me out. I look forward to opening up my mobility and focusing on rhythm before a harder effort. It ended up being okay, but man the sun was melting me like an ant under a magnifying glass. I originally planned a 20 minute tempo run, but cut it short because my pacing was ****. I was inadvertently speeding up because I wanted it get it over with. The cool down felt miserable. The exposure of the sun drained the life out of me. Either I need to get tougher or it needs to get cooler. Hopefully both.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hottest day of the year so far here too. My wife and I took the kids and dogs for a hike where I ran last Wednesday. 3.4 miles carrying 40 pounds of gear and a kid. While the kids were finishing lunch, I made a cake for the older one’s birthday. After that was done, I went for a 20.6 mile mixed terrain ride (~2/3rds gravel) on the cx bike.

7459B40C-153B-4645-9F6F-DA9217792E1B.jpeg
161FF063-9D8E-4ECA-BCC3-7F1933315BE3.jpeg
86A8396C-9D09-4AA0-A1D3-412259978749.jpeg

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My favorites are Assos and Panache. The Panache bib shorts (yes, I wholeheartedly recommend bibs: your nether regions will thank you) are considerably cheaper, but the Assos are noticeably better for longer rides.

Also, use chamois cream for any rides much longer than an hour. My goto brands are Assos and DZ Nuts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads