• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Masters racing scene in the USA is pretty bad for PEDs and the like too, from what I hear.

But there's nothing around here in Ontario at all. Although I'm in pretty good shape, I think my cycle racing days are over.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got some Science in Sport gels from Amazon today. Tomorrow's run's gonna be super good as a result I'm sure.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got some Science in Sport gels from Amazon today. Tomorrow's run's gonna be super good as a result I'm sure.

What flavors did you get and what beer will you be pairing them with?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ya know it wasn't that long ago how we were all kumbaya-and-**** in this thread talking about good vibes and now it's the Hate On Ya Boy Edinatlanta thread.

Not pleased.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya know it wasn't that long ago how we were all kumbaya-and-**** in this thread talking about good vibes and now it's the Hate On Ya Boy Edinatlanta thread.

Not pleased.

No hate here.

I think I might need to do a beer mile at some point this summer.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Masters racing scene in the USA is pretty bad for PEDs and the like too, from what I hear.

But there's nothing around here in Ontario at all. Although I'm in pretty good shape, I think my cycle racing days are over.
I hadn't considered that possibility, but I guess a bunch of middle-aged dudes with money might be expected to find the, um, marginal gains.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No hate here.

I think I might need to do a beer mile at some point this summer.
The peachtree road race is great because as i said its 60k racers and it's a huge event for the city (I will see about 10 friends along the course granted it goes by my church but whatever).

Also means the race is a lot more social, shall we say. Last year's run was awful and about mile 4 i just said ******* and started taking all the free beer (and a shot....). At the end i was feeling a lot better about the race....

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The peachtree road race is great because as i said its 60k racers and it's a huge event for the city (I will see about 10 friends along the course granted it goes by my church but whatever).

Also means the race is a lot more social, shall we say. Last year's run was awful and about mile 4 i just said ******* and started taking all the free beer (and a shot....). At the end i was feeling a lot better about the race....

BolderBoulder is like that too, though only about 35k entrants. A friend of mine gets beers and does the slip n slide at mile 2, and still runs sub-45 for the 10k...

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BolderBoulder is like that too, though only about 35k entrants. A friend of mine gets beers and does the slip n slide at mile 2, and still runs sub-45 for the 10k...
**** that dude.

The first year I ran it was 2014. The start wave I snuck my way into gets to the line and they go: "there is lightning predicted, we're going to hold off starting for 10 minutes."

Yeah, cool, no problem.

A few minutes go by they go: "There is lightning on the course everyone please proceed in an orderly fashion into the mall" (there's a huge mall right at the start."

I start to walk and realize that's going to be miserable just standing on a marble floor for who knows how long and decide to bolt. There's a race warden or volunteer on the course who sees me, then realizes that a few others have decided to follow me and vainly stretches his arms going: "THE COURSE IS CLOSED! THE CORSE IS CLOSED! THE COURSE--"

Anyway because there was no one ahead of me for several minutes (or at least a highly reduced crowd) and I was literally running for my life, I did it in 47 minutes.

That was my first race, too!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
40 miles and 4400 feet of climbing, about 3000 of those feet in 11 miles of headlands gravel in the middle of the ride. I. Am. Whupped.

IMG_7398 copy.jpg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads