• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10.5 miles this morning.

I can report that the G-Shock integrates pretty smoothly with Strava. I was wearing the watch today and tracked my run on RunKeeper (I like some of RunKeeper's training features better than Strava's but like the rest of the interface on Strava better). A couple moments after my run was completed and I turned off the GPS, I got a notification that Strava had logged my run, complete with HR information and pace analysis. The distance and the route that the watch's GPS logged, tracked to within one 100th of a mile of what RunKeeper showed, but I did actually start the watch a moment or two before RunKeeper so I'll say they were right on the money.

There are still tons of training features I need to figure out how to use properly, and I did need to log into Strava to specify which shoes I wore today, but so far so good!

Took an extra day off yesterday to let my body recover from Sunday, but had to get up early today to beat the heat. Did a 14.3km (just under 9 mile) steady run, aiming at under 5:10/km, including strides in the last km. Total of 1:13:17, which is 5:07/km. I also took my new hydration vest out for the first time and it made me wish I'd had it on Sunday... next week apparently will see a drop in temperatures which is much better (for me, at least).

It was 75° with 98% humidity at 6:00 a.m. here (it got up to 92° yesterday afternoon) but rain is supposed to come through tomorrow and then the temps are supposed to drop down into the 60s through the first part of next week which will be a nice reprieve from the heat and humidity.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7 mile trail run followed by some fishing. I caught two brown trout, but more importantly got to soak my legs in the cold water. Temps in the upper 60s to low 70s. Max altitude was around 6600 feet.

https://www.strava.com/activities/3522513361

F1D8F986-3D86-43F2-AB7D-6EE66B907CA9.jpeg
2D087DEF-B193-4129-AE7B-3808E13044A8.jpeg
EE2F1E2C-105D-47D8-A85F-E99AA54ADB4E.jpeg
38ECED99-1FB7-4FCA-964B-F376E5ECABC6.jpeg
B97810D8-B1E3-4198-AADF-E5AB8B830A65.jpeg

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Catch and release? Or do you carry a cooler on these runs? :)

I went a bit up Boulder Canyon in my car after the run. I do generally catch and release. I actually haven’t eaten anything I’ve caught for a couple of years. My usual rule is that if I’ve accidentally maimed a fish, I’ll take it (this is not common with barbless hooks).

Edit to add that there is another ~7 mile trail loop that does cross one of the branches of Boulder Creek. I didn’t go there today because those trails are open to mountain bikes all the time, so I figure they’d be more crowded.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 relaxing miles aided by the rhythmic tunes of Chuck Mangione. You kids are probably too young to know who that is.

Remember when Chuck was in that Mega Lo Mart explosion?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Nobody blows a flugal horn like Chuck.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got up at the crack of dawn again today, this time for an 8.2km (a hair over 5 mile) tempo.

It was humid but it's clouding over, and everything feels like this hot weather is going to break soon... I felt quite good today though, and although I was running in a very controlled way, I was still considerably faster than my recent tempo runs (this was the shortest one I've done recently, which no doubt helps).

Overall: 0:34:20, or 4:11/km.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did 5ish miles today no real walking. Really thinking 3 to 6 beers the night before i run is key.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads