• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I live and die by the Amazon Essentials running shirts (can’t do the singlets as I end to chaff when wearing them). I haven’t found a better value out there for shirts, and since I’ve gotten to cheap to pay for as many 5k and 10k runs over the past few years, my supply of “freebies” is running out as I’ve had to throw out the stinkiest ones.
Ive become a fan of old navy athletic wear. Comparable prices to Amazon if not cheaper but I'm not shopping in BM right now. These fabrics are not expensive there is no handwork in the production and there's not really any non-cosmetic differences by and large between them all. Some of the no-name Chinese stuff has weird sizing but that's not new.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drank a few beers last night in commemorative honor of those who served.

Woke up late and a bit dehydrated. Had a cup of black coffee and skipped the water to purposely dry myself out. blue sky today, full sun, 78 and humid. So naturally I went out shirtless, with 1” split shorts, and these obnoxious cycling sunglasses around a very popular public path. I’m sure everyone appreciated the close encounter, especially at 9:05 pace.

There’s a section of flats by a golf course that notoriously flood over and pool with heavy rains. A troop of people who looked pretty new to anything fitness related commented “Its pretty flooded down there” as I approached. I glanced them over, looked out at the conditions, and remarked “I think there’s space”. ...Well, I was wrong. The entire field was a marsh, but I was too stubborn and committed to stop short. The course patrons looked unamused as I slogged through their fairways with an embarrassed smile. ?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.2 miles today, as a replacement for BolderBoulder, which has been postponed until Labor Day. I broke in the new Paradigm 4.5s with some marathon pace running. Temps in the low to mid 60s with light sprinkles at the end.

These shoes are seriously plush, not quite as soft as Hokas though, and wider. They’re perfect for longer road training runs.

590456C5-CAE0-4189-A79E-75FEE449771A.jpeg

Last edited:

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taking a few days off as the legs had felt pretty fatigued by the end of last week.

Got in a nice hike with my girlfriend on Sunday. I like doing this because I feel like it helps me build even though I’m not running and keeps me from getting antsy and going out when I really shouldn’t be.

It was a bit more aggressive than I remembered (1400 feet of elevation over 4 miles) but we had a perfect day and out early enough that the trails were mostly empty until our final half mile.

Strength today and I’ll get back to miles tomorrow

1F08D604-0D56-45ED-AB60-6BCA91EE6056.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
11.3 miles this morning. I set PRs on three segments (though one of them I haven't run in a very long time so I don't know how much weight I put on that one). The heat is on here though - it was into the low 70s with 95% humidity at 6:00 a.m. today.

I'm at 271.0 miles for the month so I should be able to hit that 300 mile mark. I'm already well above my highest monthly mileage total by about 40 miles.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just under 39 mi today. PRs for up and over Twin Peaks to Golden Gate Park and the clockwise lap up to Battery Townsley and back down. Took the gravel option up to the Hawk Hill traffic circle instead of McCullough. Wahoo says temp peaked at 95º, but that's crazy pants. I suspect the actual value was closer to 80º, and there were some amazing cool breezes coming off the water every now and again.

IMG_7361 copy.jpg

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ankle is recovering a little more day by day. Up to about 80-85%. Couldn’t sneak out until late in the day and the temps were nearing 90 with humidity in the 80% range. Definitely made things feel a bit harder.

6 miles in progressive splits starting at 8:30 and closing at 7:25. Just a little something to get the legs turning over again.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new G-Shock with HR monitor and linking to Strava arrived today. Now to figure out how all the functions actually work…

6389F85D-3A28-4478-AAFE-BADB97112D23.jpeg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took an extra day off yesterday to let my body recover from Sunday, but had to get up early today to beat the heat. Did a 14.3km (just under 9 mile) steady run, aiming at under 5:10/km, including strides in the last km. Total of 1:13:17, which is 5:07/km. I also took my new hydration vest out for the first time and it made me wish I'd had it on Sunday... next week apparently will see a drop in temperatures which is much better (for me, at least).

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took an extra day off yesterday to let my body recover from Sunday, but had to get up early today to beat the heat. Did a 14.3km (just under 9 mile) steady run, aiming at under 5:10/km, including strides in the last km. Total of 1:13:17, which is 5:07/km. I also took my new hydration vest out for the first time and it made me wish I'd had it on Sunday... next week apparently will see a drop in temperatures which is much better (for me, at least).

Glad to hear you took the extra day off and are feeling better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads