• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've given in and bought a pair of Saucony Kinvara (the model before the current one, on sale, as usual!) for my mid-range runs; I've got the Brooks Ghost for my long runs and I'm going to reserve my Brooks Asteria for the fast stuff.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was the first day it's really like spring here this year: it was actually warm, the frogs in the marshes were very loud, the woodpeckers were busy, and there was that unidentifiable something in the air...

I was supposed to do 26.7km / 16 1/2 miles, but my right knee and hamstring started to hurt around the 11k mark, so I went straight back (21.6km / 13 1/2 miles) and cut out the extra loop. 5:33/km pace. I think a few days off is in order.

Last edited:

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in a mid-town like residential area with single family homes on 1/2-3/4 acre plots of land. The shelter-in-place mandate coupled with comfortable spring temps have brought the people out in droves. I’ve been heavily subsidizing my running with virtual cycling in effort to do a part. It’s not for fear of contracting the illness, it’s inadvertently passing it to someone else that has me worried. Knowing my luck, I’m probably an asymmetric carrier. The last thing I would want is to impact a little kid or someone my senior. Things are getting pretty rough out there for us Americans. This too, shall pass.

BA0FF7F1-0868-4CFF-B199-EC5C72DD3B91.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.1 miles on the local trails with the dogs. I kept altering my course to avoid running by too many people. There weren’t a ton out, but more than usual out enjoying a partly cloudy afternoon with temps in the low 60s.

36B85E64-08E8-42A2-8120-411A38F63052.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a quick 5km run on the road, thinking I'd see fewer people that way. Wrong... I passed about 50 cyclists, only one of whom was wearing a mask. Anyway, it's a beautiful day out there, with temps in the upper 60s.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I live in a mid-town like residential area with single family homes on 1/2-3/4 acre plots of land. The shelter-in-place mandate coupled with comfortable spring temps have brought the people out in droves. I’ve been heavily subsidizing my running with virtual cycling in effort to do a part. It’s not for fear of contracting the illness, it’s inadvertently passing it to someone else that has me worried. Knowing my luck, I’m probably an asymmetric carrier. The last thing I would want is to impact a little kid or someone my senior. Things are getting pretty rough out there for us Americans. This too, shall pass.

View attachment 1366130
Tell us about your hoss, @Dusty Heaters

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell us about your hoss, @Dusty Heaters

Sure, I'm Rick Harrison, and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss. Everything in here has a story and a price. One thing I've learned after 21 years - you never know what is gonna come through that door.

Kidding aside, it’s a Specialized S-Works Tarmac. Disc, Dura-Ace Di2, Rapide CLX40 wheels, Favero Assoma Duo pedals, Garmin 530 computer. Weighs in under 16lbs road ready. Really happy with it — much more bike than I have talent.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
19.25 pounds (steel frame with SRAM Force/Rival drivetrain) off-road ready. Pulling 100 pounds of trailer, kids and gear makes for a harsh workout.
1185D735-C9BC-42DD-8A4E-22380CB53D0E.jpeg
72B56D92-59EA-4033-B213-05CF389F17F5.jpeg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That really is a lot of bike!

Steel is real, eh @Fueco?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just getting my bikes sorted out for the season...

This is my speed machine: Planet-X Stealth full carbon 650c (because I'm very small):

1EV1KXZH-DSC06088.jpg

1EV1KY26-DSC06092.jpg

This was just after I built it up - 8 years old now, but still fabulous. I also have a steel workhorse (and also from Planet-X - it's a company that was just down the road from where I used to live in England) and an alu-carbon race thing (the one in the photo I posted a couple of weeks back), a Brompton folder, a spike-tyred winter beast, an XC racer machine, currently in bits, and parts for several others...

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My rain dance was super effective on Friday afternoon. Cleaned my bike (including a full chain degrease and relube), and it's been raining all weekend.

My main bike is a 2019 Specialized Tarmac Sport Disc with Shimano 105. Not as fancy as Dusty's, but I love it. When I was still commuting, I used a ten-year-old aluminum Felt.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My rain dance was super effective on Friday afternoon. Cleaned my bike (including a full chain degrease and relube), and it's been raining all weekend.

My main bike is a 2019 Specialized Tarmac Sport Disc with Shimano 105. Not as fancy as Dusty's, but I love it. When I was still commuting, I used a ten-year-old aluminum Felt.

After I cleaned four bikes (all of mine plus my wife’s mountain bike (I didn’t feel the need to clean the bike that’s on the trainer)), I cleaned our van knowing full well that it was going to snow the next day. Boredom does that to you. My road bike is a Look 595 with a one-off paint job and my mountain bike is a Giant Anthem Advanced 27.5 1. So yeah, two carbon bikes and a steel rig. I really wish I hadn’t sold my old Bianchi fixie (San Jose) before we moved.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really wish I hadn’t sold my old Bianchi fixie (San Jose) before we moved.

I love those Bianchi SS / fixies. I have a crappy old steel SS which still has slighly bent forks from when I crashed it hard once... and I've often thought it would be nice to have a Bianchi to replace it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads