• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took my son to gym again, and this time ran hill repeats - there is a perfect little street just nearby that goes up about 13m in 130 metres*. Last week I ran up here and just continued along the ridge at the top which goes all the way to Ueno, but you can just turn right at the top and jog through a small park and then back down some steps to the start - about 300m in all. I did 20 repeats this time, and jogged the 3.6km there and back (with my son on his bike).

It was all fine, and I got my stretching in while I was waiting for my son's class to finish. But then once we were back, we were just messing around, play-fighting, and I stepped backwards and I felt something go in my calf! I've been icing it pretty much constantly ever since, and it doesn't feel terrible, but there is still something, so no track speedwork tonight (again).

*If I wanted steeper up, the reverse would be 13 metres up in 78 metres.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 miles with the dogs on icy roads and sidewalks. Temps were just below freezing.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.2 trail miles with the dogs so far. I’m heading out on my own now.

Ran another 7.3 miles on the icy roads and paths around my corner of Boulder. Temps ranged from the mid to upper 30s.

Last edited:

Wing0

Reaction score
One of the final nails in the marathon training coffin
34B1AE19-578B-408E-A4A5-392C7EEA9D16.png

20 miler this morning on a 60+ mile week.
Taper coming soon hopefully

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After 4 days off nursing my calf, I went out for my long run today. I was originally down to do 21km (13 miles) but because I'd missed a couple of days, I decided to run my 28.1km (17 1/2 mile) route instead. I hadn't done this distance since November, and it started to rain really hard on the way around so I was absolutely soaked through by the end, but it was great overall. I kept it easy by making sure I was always breathing through my nose and not allowing myself to draw more oxygen and go too fast (a little tip from a friendly coach), so I kept very close to my ideal 6:00/km pace at 5:58/km. I think I'll do the same distance next Sunday.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.25 miles to my favorite local brewery and back. The trail section was really slow, since the snow is slushy in places. Temps in the low 40s. I read another ten pages or so in my book while there.

AEC4A901-0F5A-4F3A-AAA5-11522CDC8F2A.jpeg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5.25 miles to my favorite local brewery and back. The trail section was really slow, since the snow is slushy in places. Temps in the low 40s. I read another ten pages or so in my book while there.

I hate you. Only joking, but this looks so good, and I can't drink anymore...

Msktime

Reaction score
How did you do this? I've never ran after drinking beer before, was it alright? :)

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you do this? I've never ran after drinking beer before, was it alright? :)

Just fine... I only had one beer, and the trail conditions were pretty sloppy anyway. The route I chose to get there was about 1.5 miles each way on snow, so I wasn't going terribly fast anyway. Combine that with my 11.5 miles yesterday, and this was just an easy run with the dogs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads