• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just did a bit under five miles. Today was first day i haven't felt sore from leg day last Friday....my first time squatting in about three months so i suppose it makes sense. Definitely felt more power and whatnot today

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I miss so many scheduled runs in the past two or three weeks, and now I'm feeling good, I went out again today, this time tempo, on my 7.2km (4.5 miles) Ueno Park loop. I didn't really push it, so 4:25/km was good.

Generally I don't have so many tempo run in my schedule right now, as I've substituted hill repeats for them because: 1. I'm still in the 'strength' phase of this year's program; and, 2. I actually have another (20km) mountain trail race in March.

Tomorrow will be my nice slow Sunday long run...

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I skied 3.5 miles or so with the dogs this afternoon. Good times. Back to running tomorrow...

Here’s a view from .6 miles in, at the top of the hill. Temps were around 28-30 while we were out.

97D3028E-4987-4051-83B5-004DC84043FC.jpeg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
21km (13 miles) today along the Ara river bank. It's an out and back route, and I was aiming at 6min/km or more and I think for the first half, that is about what I was doing. But it was into a pretty fierce wind, and I hadn't taken account of how much easier it would be when I made the turn - which today was the site of the start/finish area of an actual marathon and half-marathon race that I had no idea about. Putting in the same sort of effort with the wind behind me, I felt like I was flying, and the kilometres were flicking past in about 5:30.

I ended up with an average of 5:46/km, about the same as the last time I did this distance (which I said was too fast...). Of course it was two days after that that I felt my hamstring going, but I was coming off illness then too, and I generally feel so much better now - this has been my first over 50km (31 miles) week since mid-November.

My program has the next two weeks as over 60km (37 1/4 miles) weeks, starting with hill repeats on Tuesday. But I will take care...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did my slowest run in ages this morning, possibly my slowest ever. Running in three inches of new snow on top six inches from Friday night isn’t conducive to running fast. But the dogs loved it...

3.6 miles in lightly blowing snow, with temps in the mid 20s.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3.1 miles on skis with the dogs this evening. Conditions were much better than for my run this morning. There was about .5 miles of overlap with the run. I wasn’t fast, but was able to go more than half a mile at one point using only my arms.

8F7EC873-0F1C-492B-BF52-D5D8A0F380BF.jpeg

941AB28D-F21F-46F2-899E-5F97644446C0.jpeg

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
So, last weekend I took a spill while skiing (alpine) landing on my hip and ass. My butt cheek felt bruised and swollen and sitting was painful for a couple of days, but no visible bruising at the surface. Just a sore ass.

Tuesday I saw my trainer, who had me run a bunch of hill sprints - maybe half a mile altogether. Butt hurt doing pedal crunches but otherwise was fine.

Wednesday I ran 5 miles. Everything good. Butt doesn’t hurt at all.

Yesterday I ran 5 miles, doing some sprinting and hill work. At the end of it my butt hurts again. I get up this morning and my butt is swollen, painful and visibly black and blue.

what the ****.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.5 miles with the dogs on sidewalks and paths. Some was cleared, some was ice and snow. Temps in the low 30s.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads