1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. metals37

metals37 Senior Member

My feet sweat like crazy, and any time I've tried any kind of water resistant shoe, I felt like it breathed poorly.

7 miles this morning. Actually got my lazy bum out the door to do the run. But then I was a few mins late to the weekly 7:30a Tuesday exec review I need to be a part of.... oh well, I still feel better for having gotten the miles in, and they ended up chewing out somebody else anyway.

2. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

6 miles, mostly on trails which are finally mostly dry. I ran the last mile faster than I’ve done a mile since September (7:56). It’s about 45 degrees out, so the run was pleasant.

3. jbarwick

jbarwick Distinguished Member

3.9 miles last night followed by KB swings, burpees, situps, Russian Twists, pushups, and breathing very heavily....

4. Dusty Heaters

Dusty Heaters Distinguished Member

On the road for work this week. Didn’t get back to my hotel until around 9:30pm post dinner and slogged it out on the mill. One of the worst mill runs in recent memory...wanted to throw up the whole time, but still put my 5 in. Rest day from running today and looking forward to recovering.

5. metals37

metals37 Senior Member

Managed to squeeze in an easy 5 mile run today. Spring running always means I end up with a lot of mud on the back of my calves, which in turn ends up in the bottom of my shower.......

6. jbarwick

Got in 7 miles last night and still averaging over 9min a mile.

7. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

I just signed up for a 15k trail race that’s in 17 days. This should be fun, especially since the max elevation is only about 800 feet. :colgate:

8. Dusty Heaters

In Atlanta currently. Beautiful weather, but unfortunately the pollen is wreaking havoc on my sinuses. The pressure in my head is unreal. Either that or it’s a migraine. Could only muster 4 on the mill. Feeling bad.

9. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

Five mostly trail miles with the dogs with about 450 feet of climbing. Temps were in the low 50s. Pretty nice for the first run of spring!

10. jbarwick

It's the pollen. We have an office in Atlanta and I am wrecked when I go in the spring.

11. Dusty Heaters

5B2C3096-E163-40FF-AD52-DFC9B4DB017A.jpeg

Got home this afternoon and immediately felt a lot better. @jbarwick I think you’re right, that pollen must have wrecked me as well. Funny thing is I’ve never suffered allergies before but I guess whatever is in the air down there really got me. Oh well.

Didn’t really feel like running at first and then started to find my stride. Running through puddles in the flat bois (Altra Escalante) with the full Minnesota sun in my face. Beautiful day up here. Shorts and a tee. 42F, light winds, clear sky.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019 at 6:19 PM

12. Dusty Heaters

F2EB6F61-ED5A-424A-91DA-C7C47C8ADA49.jpeg

Not a smart training decision but I couldn’t resist pushing the pace a bit given its 50, sunny, not a cloud in the sky, and 0% humidity. Puddles are shrinking and I only had to slow down in a couple spots to avoid pedestrian traffic and ice.

13. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

5.65 miles at marathon pace. Other than needing a bio break at 3.2 miles, I felt good. Temps in the low 50s.