1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Mazzasan

Mazzasan Well-Known Member

Travelling to Palm Springs and LA for most of this week and weekend. Any tips for running routes? Most of my runs will be 7 to 8 miles in PS and will probably do at least one long run (12-14) in LA.

2. jbarwick

jbarwick Distinguished Member

3. Dusty Heaters

Dusty Heaters Distinguished Member

4. jbarwick

113AFF01-7081-4571-920E-97D184ABB70F.png Shorter run last night then kettle bells and burpees

5. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

Were getting a “bomb cyclone” today. We’ll see if conditions are runable this afternoon. It’s lightly raining now, and is supposed to switch to snow in a few hours. I’m off to the gym now.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019

6. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

5 miles with the dogs post-snowmaggedon... We got our blizzard, but it only last a few hours. There was lots of slushy snow and hidden puddles, but it was a good time even though my feet got soaked. Temperature is right at freezing.

7. Dusty Heaters

I am jealous of your blizzard and cold temps. Since yesterday we’ve been hovering around 34 with heavy rain. :(

8. Dusty Heaters

622DCCBB-AC4B-4DE1-A2E3-2DD893F59B96.jpeg

2nd consecutive day on the mill. I’ll run in snow, double-digit below 0 temps, even the extreme heat...but I don’t do freezing rain. I run to have fun, and gloomy rainy sky’s just make me miserable.

On the bright side, I’m noticing some running economy developing. HR seems to be trending lower on my usual paces and it even feels easier.

Shooting for 40 miles this week.

9. jbarwick

I got in 3 miles last night. Didn't take a pic so did I even run?

10. Dusty Heaters

I followed you on Strava and gave your run a thumbs up. Since it just the same 3 people posting here who I now follow on Strava...maybe I’ll stop posting here.

11. jbarwick

For some reason I feel less shame giving thumbs here than Strava?

12. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

I barely pay attention to what my friends do on Strava.

13. Dusty Heaters

Alright, well, overruled. SF for running it is! :)

Serious question: Last night after I got out of the shower post run, the arch on my right foot felt a little tight and prompted some pain. I’ve had my right arch ‘seize’ up a little before and it was awkward for awhile, but usually upon waking the next day it was gone. Fast-forward to now, the tightness/pain has not subsided. It’s not excruciating but it’s nothing I want to escalate. Pic attached and area circled below. Any advice? I’m currently rolling my arch on a massage ball and rolling my calves with the foam roller.

E65F4655-8122-41E7-9B0D-A773A278D769.jpeg

14. jbarwick

I don't know that one. I have this weird tendon type pain that only occurs when sitting on the bathroom floor during bath time with my kids. I have to stand up and walk around for it to go away.

15. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

10K in 53:02, mostly at M pace with some fartleks thrown in. It’s beautiful out, with temps in the mid-40s.

This was after a hard bouldering session at lunchtime. Good times!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 5:11 PM