• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
13.6 miles saturday and 3 miles last night to cap a 16 mile week. Work and rain kept me from running last week. My ankle felt a little sore after Saturday so going to watch it. Maybe do more frequent but shorter outings. My body seems to do best staying in high single digit outings.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 miles this morning with the dogs. My schedule switched around today because my wife has meetings all morning and couldn’t take the dogs out. The air temp is 14 and it’s foggy out with a light breeze. I think this may have been a brief glimpse of a Midwestern winter run.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E5FA52D5-C0D2-4719-BB69-A73E4BB2DCA5.jpeg

Temps in the upper teens this evening which felt remarkably warmer by comparison. I got on fine with just a tee shirt under a gortex shell and my bislette pants. Really unmotivated, tired, and generally disinterested in tonight’s run, but got through it anyway. It really do be like that sometimes.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
642FBF8D-052B-4FB6-82B4-38B79DED0419.jpeg

Snow wrapped up in the afternoon and the city picked up another 6” powder. Temps remained in the high teens but the winds picked up at night making me almost regret the tee/shell combo. Horribly frustrating trying to maintain under foot trudging through snow drifts. I think I need to mill and chill tomorrow.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
4.8 miles this morning. Temps in the high 40s. I came across other runners wearing shorts and short-sleeved shirts. I used to be one of those people, but f*** that noise. I wore pants, long-sleeve T, and a light shell. Oh, and gloves. Gloves are the first thing I add once temps start dropping. I am embracing my inner candy ass. :)

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7 miles on the treadmill with some hill repeats.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ouch! Hopefully no lingering injuries that pop up today other than a bruised ego.

I just did some weights and quick sprints last night. Didn't feel like going on a full run.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.5 with the dogs on pavement. Temps in the mid 50s.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
0.25 miles
0.50 miles
0.75 miles
1.00 miles

Each interval was followed with 10 pull-ups, 5 minutes on the rowing machine, 10 more pull-ups, 5 minutes on the stairmaster, and 10 more pull-ups.

Then a couple Freedom of Speach sours from Revolution Brewing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics