• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3.2 miles last night after taking a few days off. I had family in town and just needed a rest.

Fueco - I usually run after dinner which contributes to "slower" times compared to pre-eating runs. I would guess I am in the neighborhood of 30-45secs/mi slower after eating.

30-45 seconds slower seems about right. One thing I've noticed as an advantage is that I'm less likely to eat a bunch of food after I run when I after dinner. Since I'm trying to get back to a lighter weight for climbing and running, this helps... I'm currently at my lightest since Fall 2012, which is when I did my last ultra-distance triathlon.

OscarO

Reaction score
22km today with 4x4km@3:50, felt pretty good. Next week is my final week in this last build and i will finish it off with a 34k run with 4x5km@mp

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yesterday 2@23.:20. Did 1M @ 7.7MPH then 8.0 for the last two.

Movie tonight so not going to make it to the gym

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My 7 miles last night wiped me out. I was feeling the effects this morning. I think it was hydration but not sure currently.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3@31:10/4@38:41

Trying to build a good base @7:30 before pushing into the 6 minute range. I have been running on the treadmill and making jumps of .5MPH (from 6.5 to 7.0 to 7.5 and now 8.0) while increasing distance but I'm going to start making more modest moves or build a really solid base at this speed before jumping I think. I felt good today though and I think I could have gone longer but I'm trying to set a M/W/F/Sat long run schedule.

I was prairie dogging it for the last 2 miles.

I know this is all TMI but I'm using this as my running log

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.3 miles with one of the dogs. Temps were in the upper to low 80s, but it felt hotter. I think it’s more humid out than I’m used to.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.5 miles this morning. 4.25 at marathon pace and .75 at tempo pace. Felt pretty good, and it’s smazing how much more consultant my pace is without the dogs tugging me every which way.

Last edited:

noobedloser

Reaction score
Anyone know any good alternatives to running? Got a blister under a blister on one of my foot that's pretty painful
Gonna see how rowing will work out tomorrow

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know any alternatives that give you the same workout as running. Maybe an elliptical at a low arc?

7 miles last night. Tried listening to the new Dan Carlin podcast...my mind wandered but it usually does with his as they are looooong.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3@ unknown but in the 23 minute range and 4 in 31:00 flat

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.5 miles with the dogs.

I checked the "future radar" and it showed rain for the next two hours, the entire window of time I had available to run. So I just decided to run in the rain... Wouldn't you know it? It rained for the first 1.1 miles, and hasn't rained since. Oh well, at least it wasn't 95 out like it was earlier in the afternoon... Upper 70s to low 80s is much nicer, even with some rain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads