• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Robby517

Reaction score
Exactly 7 Km this morning. Going to start picking up my old routine again.

KimboIsLegit

Reaction score
I did 8 on Monday and hurt my right knee somehow. I'm pretty sure it was running on an unpaved sidewalk/street with 1 foot deep craters/potholes all over because the street I normally run through was closed for construction so I had to run around. I didn't feel pain til about 4 miles in the run and it got worse after every stop light, but would fade away as I ran.

Pain was back last night after the 3rd or so mile. Was only hurting, really badly, when I had to stop and go at stop lights/crosswalks. It feels like a sharp object being dragged from my knee to my ankle.

I'm gonna try to not run for a week and see if it goes away. I don't feel it at all today so hopefully it's nothing serious.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About 5.5 trail. Hard as hell. Too much to drink last night
musicboohoo[1].gif

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ran the short 3 mile leg of the Detroit Marathon yesterday. Great morning, lots of people out and Detroit by the waterfront is really pretty in the morning when the sun comes up. My wife ran the first leg, which goes over the bridge and into Canada. She said a bunch of the runners stopped at the top of the bridge to take pics of the view from the top with the sun coming up. The winning male went 2:20 and the winning relay team went 2:29. My team went 3:57.

The sad part was that three guys died on the course. One of them was in his 60's and a seasoned marathoner. The other two were 26 and 36. It shocks me because it was about 32 degrees at the start line and maybe 40 when all of them went down. The youngest guy had just finished the half in around 2:00, so I guess it shows that it can happen to anyone. I'll be interested to hear whether there were pre-existing conditions that caused it.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack

The sad part was that three guys died on the course. One of them was in his 60's and a seasoned marathoner. The other two were 26 and 36. It shocks me because it was about 32 degrees at the start line and maybe 40 when all of them went down. The youngest guy had just finished the half in around 2:00, so I guess it shows that it can happen to anyone. I'll be interested to hear whether there were pre-existing conditions that caused it.

This was shocking news. When I heard about it, I was just stunned. How sad and tragic for their families and friends. Two of them collapsed in just about the same spot. The autopsies should reveal what happened.

Mr T

Reaction score
5 miles in just under 40 minutes.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Nice results!

I did the Baltimore half marathon Saturday--2:10; a personal best, although I was hoping for closer to 2:00. Like quevola, my first split was on-target, but I slowed on the way back in.

good going Shoreman!

Today - a rest day to let my foot get un-sore. yesterday, though - 6.7 miles in 54 minutes. Finally hitting an hour's run again, and if the foot heals up, then the half is a go.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today - procrastinated a bit - would have liked to have run an hour, only went 5.3 in 42:14 though. Not bad.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Ran the NYRR virtual run this morning; 5 miles at 5:30 in the morning before work.

Fatto_in_Italia

Reaction score
Finally I'm running again! Been having knee problems for the last 8 months. Yesterday I tried on new shoes for the first time and no pain at all! Yesterday, 5.0 km, today 8.7 and I inmediately signed up for a 15k run in december
smile.gif
. So, nike's are out, asics are in...

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5.5 trail. About 40 mins, tried a new out-and-back that goes to a peak... I love love love running uphill, but coming back down sucks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads