• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7 miles last night. Need to dig out the headlamp as it was getting pretty dark when I had a few miles left. Bye bye summer.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 miles last night with a couple of quarter miles at faster (I pace) efforts.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9.7 miles today. The last couple miles were a walk/run mix due to the heat. I haven't felt that out of shape in a while.

hirschlederne

Reaction score
8.6km in 40:59 (4:43/km). Improved my record on a segment by about 20 s (#2 on that segment). Fastest run so far on this course (around 1:30 faster than my previous record).

Second time running tonight. First run, my headlamp developed an electrical problem and cut out after 300 m. Not a good idea if you're running at 17 km/h on a dirt track full of potholes. :) Went back home and came back one hour later with the other headlamp (Armytek).

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do you find you get a lot of bugs in your face, running at night with a headlamp?

freehand

Reaction score
Did the Bristol (UK) half marathon this morning. Nice flat course and perfect conditions. Was feeling like sub-1h30 was a possibility during the first half but at 8 miles my IT band started grumbling and my quads turned to lead. That's never happened before! Horrible last few miles and finished in 1h35.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
4.25 miles on Friday afternoon at a slow pace. The weather was fantastic. About 70º, but with a cool breeze, clear sky.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I ran about 5.75 miles this evening... I did a 5 mile run on my own, then came back and got our dogs and went out for another 2.15 miles of run/walk. I also did a 3.7 mile hike with the wife, kid, and dogs earlier, so I covered nearly 11 miles on foot today.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got in 6.5 miles Saturday evening and met my goal of 27.5 miles for the week. I skipped Sunday but got in 4.3 miles this morning to put towards this week's goal of 30.0 total miles. It was super humid out today and it looks like we're going to have another week or so of temps in the 80s after fooling with a taste of fall weather.

do you find you get a lot of bugs in your face, running at night with a headlamp?

I run with a headlamp most mornings/nights and I've never had a problem with it attracting bugs. If you're moving along and running through an area with a lot of bugs, they'll bother you regardless of whether you're wearing a light or not. I don't think the light attracts any extra.

I will say that it can be annoying to run with the light on while it's snowing though. For some reason, the way the light reflects off of the falling snow, really hurts my eyes and is pretty distracting. This doesn't seem to happen with rain or fog or anything else though.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My experience with a headlamp has been similar to MP. My only complaint is when wearing a hat and I put the headlamp so it sits above the brim. It makes this sort of halo type feeling that just confuses my perception for the first couple of runs. It is really hard to explain but once you get used to this weird halo feel, you are fine.

How I wear mine (not me):
headlamp.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads