1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. tyates

tyates Well-Known Member

Did about 11.5 today w/o a watch.
    11 miles tonight in 1:11:30.
    Just curious, are you training for something?

2. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

Did about 11.5 today w/o a watch.

Just curious, are you training for something?

im not really training for anything in particular.. just run because i enjoy it... but basically i like to be able to stay in decent half-marathon shape year round.

today: 3 miles in 17:06, 1 mile in 6:00, 2 x 0.5 mi. in 2:30 each, then 1 mile in 6:15, with a couple minutes (untimed, so not sure how long actually) rest in between each.

3. freshDenim

freshDenim Active Member

Three 7 minutes mostly everyday. I have just recently increased to about 4 (but just testing ..we'll see)

4. MonkeyFresh

MonkeyFresh Senior member

5k every day for the past couple weeks, coming in at around 22 minutes each...if my stomach's feeling brave I'll mix it up with 20 minutes of HIIT. My knees are starting to feel it so it might be time to replace my 1.5-year-old Mizuno Wave Inspires. I've gotta step up my game in lieu of this thread...

yes, this thread has given me some motivation and a competitive spirit. ive been trying to step up in my running/fitness level too because of this. cool.

Wow like i've said before im glad to see this thread take off so well [​IMG] Its been giving me motivation also, and some great advice for running! It's great to know so many people on these forums have so much experience and knowledge to share [​IMG]
    I did another 3 miles yesterday, went out and bought some nice running shoes (Asics Gel-Nimbus 9, In a wicked Gold/Silver colorway [​IMG]) Ran with them right out the box, super comfy! although my left foot did blister due to a lack of arch support (my right foot was fine, wierd [​IMG] ) Just bought some new insoles, They should be good to go, even comfier now!
    I actually want to buy a pedometer/timer/heart rate monitor, i saw some nice running watches that had all these features, i dont want something bulky... any reccomendations? just got in so i didn't get to do any reasearch, but ill google after i post, just thought id throw it up there lol

5. feynmix

feynmix Senior member

i dont own any, but Garmin is suppose to be good.

6. thinman

thinman Senior member

Zero. I only run when someone's chasing me.[​IMG]

I'm currently trying to gain weight, so I'm avoiding cardio. I really should play some basketball soon, though, since I suspect some of my recent weight gain is fat.

7. tyates

tyates Well-Known Member

im not really training for anything in particular.. just run because i enjoy it... but basically i like to be able to stay in decent half-marathon shape year round.

today: 3 miles in 17:06, 1 mile in 6:00, 2 x 0.5 mi. in 2:30 each, then 1 mile in 6:15, with a couple minutes (untimed, so not sure how long actually) rest in between each.

I see. I'm not sure of the intensity of your runs but I'm guessing your somewhere about a 1:15 half mary shape right now?

8. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

let's see, for this week, walking in miles:

5, 3.35, 3.35, 0, 5.5, 2.7, 5

the Garmins are great, i've got an older model Forerunner that i use all the time.

-Jeff

9. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

I see. I'm not sure of the intensity of your runs but I'm guessing your somewhere about a 1:15 half mary shape right now?

i think more like 1:17-1:18... 1:15 would be nice though [​IMG]

anyway... today ran what was supposed to be a 5k but the course was a little short. came through 3 miles in 16:28 and the finish was <10 seconds after that. + 1 mile warm-up before and 3 miles easy afterwards.

10. MonkeyFresh

MonkeyFresh Senior member

Just got back, did another 3 miles in 30 minutes [​IMG] i'm really glad i'm hitting that mark consistently [​IMG]
    anyways, a bit of a scare on the way home...
    I was 2 blocks away from home...and a hype song comes up on my ipod
    im feeling pretty damn good after the run.. so i decide to run full speed home..
    As im gaining speed... this HUGE dog comes from out the shadows... and starts to chase me... its a bige dog... it couldve dont serious damage if it caught me...
    so im still running.. and its about 7-9 feet behind me... i juke in between this car and this traffic sign... and thank god.. the dog almost hits the car..
    but as i ran near the pole... my right arm hit it full speed, giving me a nice bleeding bruise down the length of my forearm...
    kinda shook right now although ill admit i was laffing when the dog almost hit the car, im pretty sure if i were any slower id be dead [​IMG]

11. Mentos

Mentos Senior member

9.5. Didn't really time it (I just try to keep the bpms around 165-170), but it took about about an hour and a half, including not finding the trail I was seeking and wandering around a bit.

Doing a tri next weekend, and this was my last big workout--I'll play it cool for this week.

12. jamoo

jamoo Senior member

Ran my first road race yesterday - Calgary half marathon. I came in at 1:47:45, 2:15 under my goal. I'm looking to gear up for a full now, but I'm not sure I'll have enough time to train up for August 17th. Considering Portland in October.

13. changed

changed Senior member

just ran 1 mile at 7.20 per mile. Not my best, but I ate a shitload of Indian food last evening and ate some drugs.

14. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

I ran 3 miles yesterday. I used to love running, but since this is the first that I've run consistently in several years, I'm hating it. It's boring, and it's jarring. I can't wait to enjoy it again.

15. Soph

Soph Senior member

Running is for girls, real men stay and fight[​IMG]

16. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

tonight - 12 miles in 1'17'45.
    Really hot and humid here tonight so I was sweating like crazy... 85 with 77% humidity at 10:30PM, which is pretty normal for July in the midwest. But until the last couple days this summer has been surprisingly mild here, which has been nice for running.

17. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

45 minutes on treadmill, 5.15 miles, so a smidge under a 9 minutes mile, and I was gassing. Non-lifting day. I am definitely not a runner. This was a &quot;long&quot; run for me. Haven't done more than about a 10K in my life, 7 miles at the most. I usually just do 30 minutes. That extra 15 minutes felt like an hour.

18. weeks

weeks Senior member

3.5 miles in approximately 30 minutes last night.

19. phdude

phdude Senior member

ran zero,

swam 8500m (about 5 mi). ugh.

20. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

just ran 1 mile at 7.20 per mile. Not my best, but I ate a shitload of Indian food last evening and ate some drugs.

For some reason, it cracks me up when people say this.